Issues Facing GT Learners
Poster Created by Valerie Hill
3 Big Ideas I Learned from the article, "Five Myths about Gifted and Talented Students"
- Gifted students can develop poor habits when not challenged in the classroom.
- Sometimes gifted students are not gifted in all academic areas.
- Asking on-level students to emulate a gifted student may lower that students self confidence.
2 Questions I Have
- How are students chosen for gifted and talented programs?
- How are these programs regulated from district to district?
1 Action I can Take Immediately
I will not compare or ask a below or on-level student to emulate a gifted student.