- Athens was a democracy( government ran by its citizens through voting).
- The Athenians used rocks to vote on important issues.
- citizens=free born;land owning males.
Lost Worlds Episode IV: Athens Ancient Supercity
- boys went to school for reading,writing,and math.
- girls went to school for learning how to run a house hold;focused on learning and education.
- Battle of Marathon. The Athenians vs. the Persians. The Athenians helped Greek Persians rebel.
- Battle of Thermopylae. The Athenians helped the Spartans defend the Pass. The Persians won the battle.
- The battle of Salamis. The Greek navy vs. The Persian navy. The Persians attacked the Greek navy and the Greek navy won the battle ending the war.
- The Athenians was to worship Athena.
- Acropolis-on top of hill;fortified;important temples and government buildings there.
- Agora-open area below acropolis;market;other government buildings.
- Parthenon-main temple to Athena.