RES Staff Update
February 26- March 2, 2018
Staff Dress for This Week
Tuesday-Team Shirt Tuesday with jeans or professional dress
Thursday-Robison Spirit Day (Texas Day on Friday)
Friday-Texas Day (Giddy Up and wear your TX gear and jeans)
- You must be able to attend ALL interviews which will take place before or after school. Interviews could be as early as 7:30 and after school.
- You must be willing to represent the interest of your team (talk to your team prior to the interviews to get their input).
- We'll have a mandatory meeting for all committee members on Monday, March 5 at 8:00.
- Interviews are expected to begin the week of March 5-9 and they will most likely continue during the week after Spring Break.
Committee members will include Courtney, Jane, Kelli, Roshunda, a minimum of 4 teachers, and me. Please email me soon if you are interested. I'll send an email on Thursday to let everyone know who will be on this committee.
Calendar Reminders and Updates
Tuesday, February 27: Mr. Edmun's last day at Robison & Mrs. Paugh, parent co-chair of our yearbook will be here to take pictures of students and staff still needing a picture in the yearbook.
Friday, March 2: Go Texan Day at Robison! This is the same day as our 4th grader's Texas Day.
Monday, March 5 (8:00 am): Interview committee will meet in Kelly's office.
Upcoming Benchmark Testing
March 26: 3rd & 4th Math
March 27: 3rd & 4th Reading
March 28: 5th Science
- Garland will be here on February 26-28!
- Our Name That Book team will be competing at the district competition on Tuesday, February 27 at 5:30 pm.
- Our last E-track session will take place on Thursday, March 1.
- The 4th (?) Annual Robison Chili Cook-Off will take place on Monday, March 5. Each team may have one entry. District staff from Spillane Middle School will serve as our judges!
- Staff meeting on Thursday, March 8 at 7:40 am.
- Spring Break: March 12-16!
Superintendent's Fun Run
New info: Staff members who participate and purchase a t-shirt may wear that shirt on Thursdays in April (we'll have jeans days on Mondays in April for Staff Appreciation) and Mondays in May!
The district has made some changes to this wonderful event which supports the Cy-Fair Educational Foundation, beginning with reduced prices. There is even a "sleep-in" option for those that just want to support the event but are unable to be there, or who don't really want to walk or run. Our very own Robison Runners will be participating, so consider joining in with our students and families. Dr. Henry always awards the campuses with the highest participation. Let's be a winner this year!
The following information was shared at our DLT meeting:
· This year’s event has a 5k and a 1 mile, family-friendly run, with more affordable pricing.
· The 5k offers an adult and student cost. The 1 mile is $5 for each participant.
· Shirts can be purchased for $10 and are the same soft fabric as in previous years. This year the color is grey.
· The sleep-in pass is an option for those who know they cannot attend the race on March 24 but would still like to make a donation to the event. Your campus or department will get credit for this as a participant.
· Additional donations to the event can be made on the registration form.
· Individuals whose registrations/donations total or exceed $100.00 will be part of the Superintendent’s Century Club and will receive special recognition at the event.
Here is the link to the hub: https://classroom.google.com/u/0/c/Njk2MzE4MDE5Nlpa/p/NzAyNjg1MzMzN1pa/details
Thank you for a great 1st session of e-track. We only have one session left. Please be sure to upload your pictures to the E-track folder on the staff drive. It's in the 2017-2018 folder for the staff. Our last session will be:
Thursday, March 1 (rescheduled from January 17)