September 2, 2022
Lincoln: Week in Review
Each week, we want to provide you with an overview of our Lincoln statistics and where we are as a campus. We will share information about enrollment, student behaviors, and attendance. Additionally, as we have celebrations to share regarding our students' academic successes, we'll list them here too.
Current enrollment: 452
- Welcome new students Cheyenna W. and Keyton W.
Attendance (Goal 95%)
Average Daily Attendance Rate for August: 96%
Average Daily Attendance Rate for the Week of 8/29-9/2: 93.6%
Classes with the Highest Attendance Rate for the Week of 8/29-9/2:
- Mrs. Torman's Class at 100%
- Mrs. Veillon's Class at 97.5%
- Mrs. Robison's Class at 97.4%
Positive Office Referrals: 15
Student Cell Phone Policy
Several parents have asked recently about the district's cell phone policy at the elementary level. Below, you will find an excerpt of the policy. You can find the complete policy online in the MISD 2022-2023 Parent/Student Handbook.
Possession and Use of Personal Telecommunications Devices, Including Mobile Telephones and Other Electronic Devices
For safety purposes, the district permits students to possess personal cell phones; however, these devices must remain turned off and kept in backpack or other approved location during the instructional day unless they are being used for approved instructional purposes. The use of mobile telephones or any device capable of capturing images or recording is strictly prohibited while at school or at a school-related event without prior approval. If a student uses a telecommunications device without authorization during the school day, the device will be confiscated. The parent may pick up the confiscated telecommunications device from the principal’s office. The district will not be responsible for damaged, lost, or stolen telecommunications devices.
Possession and Use of Other Personal Electronic Devices
Except as described in policy regarding instructional use, students are not permitted to possess or use personal electronic devices such as MP3 players, video or audio recorders, cameras, games, e-readers, smart watches, or other electronic devices at school, unless prior permission has been obtained. Without such permission, teachers will collect the items and turn them in to the principal’s office. The principal will determine whether to return items to students at the end of the day or to contact parents to pick up the items.
Make a Note
Please read below of some important information.
- Our Grandparents Day celebration for families whose student's last name starts with A-L will be next Friday, 9/9, from 7:15-7:45. Families may enter from the cafeteria side doors. Only students will be able to enter the building beyond the cafeteria. All guests should plan to exit the building through the cafeteria doors by 7:45 so that buses may begin unloading students at 7:50. This will also be the procedures for families whose student's last name starts with M-Z on Monday, 9/12.
- Be sure to send in notes for any absences within 48 hours of your child's return. We are unable to honor notes for excuses that are received after that time period.
Student Involvement Opportunities - Choir and Talent Show!
We are so excited for our Lincoln Bear Choir! Choir is offered to 4th and 5th grade students. The sign-up paper and t-shirt order forms are due to Mrs. Watkins by Friday, September 9th. The first rehearsal for 5th Grade is September 13th and the first rehearsal for 4th grade is Wednesday, September 14th. Rehearsals start at 7:1 5am and drop off is by the cafeteria doors from 7:00am-7:15am. Please contact Mrs. Watkins at email@example.com if you have any questions!
We know our Lincoln Bears have talent! This is the perfect opportunity to showcase that talent at our own LES Talent Show! The talent show is open to any 2nd, 3rd, 4th, or 5th grader who is interested in performing on the stage. Auditions to be in the show will be on Thursday, October 13th; and the talent show is on Thursday, October 27th, at 6:00 pm in the LES Cafe. If you would like more information, please have your child pick up an information pack and audition permission slip from their homeroom teacher. Audition forms are due back to Mrs. Watkins by Wednesday, October 12th. We can't wait to see what amazing things our Lincoln Bears can do!
Involvement Opportunities - Continued from Last Week's Newsletter
One of our campus goals is to build more parent involvement on our campus. As parents, you know your child best. We want to partner with you to consistently make our school better. Below are several opportunities where you can be involved or provide feedback.
- WatchDOGS - This program allows caring adults to volunteer their time to support campus personnel and serve as positive role models for our students. the kick off and information night will take place on September 8, at 6:00 p.m. at Lake Creek H.S.
- Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) - Our PTO is an organization of parents that works to support our students and staff in a variety of ways. They recently purchased some toys and games that students can play with the weather inhibits their ability to play outside. They also bring in special programs and activities for our students and find ways to show appreciation to our staff. We encourage all families to join. For more information, you can contact our PTO at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also find them on Facebook (@myLESPTO). The first meeting is this Friday at 9:00 a.m. at the school.
Staff Shout Outs
- No School - Labor Day
- Students Return
- WatchDOGS Orientation at 6:00 pm at LCHS
- Grandparents' Day Breakfast (Last Names A-L) 7:15-7:45 a.m.
- Wear your spirit wear!
- Hat Day for $1 donation
- 9/12 - Grandparents Breakfast 7:15-7:45 (Student Last Name Starts w/ M-Z)
- 9/12 - Celebrate Freedom Week Begins
- 9/12 - Celebrate Patriot Day - Wear Red, White, and Blue
- 9/14 - Principal-Parent Safety Committee - Parents Welcome to Attend 9:00-10:00 a.m.
- 9/15 - Parent's Night 5:00-7:00 - Two Sessions - (Date Change)
- 9/22 - Fall Pictures
- 9/23 - PAWSitivity Cart
- 9/27 - Big Kahuna Kick-Off
- 9/30 - PTO Family Bingo Night
Lunch visitors who are on a child's emergency contact list are welcome to eat with that child on the stage during the student's lunch period. Visitors will need to check in at the front office with their ID and get a visitor badge. Please do not invite other students to join you or provide food or snacks for other students. When lunch is over, all students will line up with their class. Visitors will return to the front office to turn in their visitor badge.
A friendly reminder, we do not have an open lunch policy so please do not order food for your child from outside vendors to be delivered to the school during the school day (i.e. Uber Eats, Grub Hub, Door Dash, or any kind of delivery service). This becomes a safety concern when staff need to leave the front office to deliver food to students or take their focus off of families who have business in the office. Food deliveries also increase the number of unfamiliar people entering the building. Additionally, our lunch times are very tight and do not allow for late deliveries. We cannot allow for learning to be disrupted by early or late food deliveries. Thank you for understanding our focus on safety and uninterrupted instructional time.
- Pre-K - 10:40-11:10
- Kindergarten - 11:15-11:45
- 1st Grade - 10:45-11:15
- 2nd Grade - 12:15-12:45
- 3rd Grade - 11:35-12:05
- 4th Grade - 11:55-12:25
- 5th Grade - 12:35-1:05
School Hours, Attendance and Tardies
- Doors open at 7:50
- Tardy bell rings at 8:15
- School day ends at 3:40
We are working hard to maximize each and every minute our students are here. Students who arrive after 8:15 are considered tardy and will need to be walked into the front door of the building and signed in by a parent or guardian. If your child needs to leave early, they may be checked out through the front office by a parent or guardian.
Changes in transportation need to be made prior to 2:00 in order to allow time for the messages to be communicated with the appropriate staff member. To request a change of transportation, either
- Send a note with your child,
- Email LincolnElementaryTransit@misd.org with the note and a copy of your driver's license, or
- Come to the school with a copy of your driver's license.
Location: 700 Dr Martin Luther King Jr Dr, Montgomery, TX, USA
Phone: (936) 276-4700