Canada and Vietnam in 2040
By: Amanpreet Dhillon
Canada's Immigration now (2015)
Did you know that about 250,000 immigrants come to Canada each year?
Canada's net migration is about 196,362 people.
The top 3 countries of immigrants that come to Canada is China, India and Philippines. There are 3 main different types of immigrants that come to Canada:
- Economic Immigrants- these are immigrants that come to help Canada's economy by working
- Family Class- these are family members (mothers, fathers, siblings and spouses) that are sponsored by a Canadian citizen to come and visit them by a visa
- Refugees- these are immigrants that come to Canada to seek safety and shelter because they had to leave their home country due to inhabitable circumstances (war, political problems and even death).
To be a permanent resident of Canada you have to be sponsored or have to pass the Point System test, this test determines whether or not you are a person Canada needs.
The test is based on 6 things:
- Language Skills- if you can read, write and understand English and French
- Education- if you have the required amount of education needed to work in that field
- Experience- if you have the required amount of hours of experience in the field you pick
- Age- if you are 18 to 35 you get full points, if you are younger you get no points and for every year over 35 you lose 1 point because you are close to retirement
- Job Arranged in Canada- if you have a job already arranged for you when you reach Canada
- Adaptability- if you are married, if you have family already living in Canada and what kind of education and experience your spouse has
This video will explain how to immigrate to Canada and types of immigrants
Canada's Immigration in 2040
Canada's Demography now (2015)
Canada's population is increasing.Canada's population has increased by 276,297 people or 0.79%.
Canada's natural increase is 2.3/1000 ([BR] 10.1-7.8 [DR] = 2.3).
Canada's growth rate has increased from 0.80 in 2013 to 1.15 in 2014.
The median age for Canada is 41.7 (40.4-male/42.9-female).
The fertility rate in Canada is 1.61 births per women.
22% of Canada's population is over 65.
The pull factors of Canada is that Canada has a lot of job opportunities, a good life style, free health care, low crime rate, multicultural, good education, freedom of speech, rights, welfare and sight seeing.
Some push factors of Canada is that the temperature may not be cut out for some people, the taxes maybe high for some people to pay for, that persons family is not here so he may want to go back, and that person may think that the point system maybe to hard for them to pass so they don't come.
Canada's Demography in 2040
I also thinks that the median age will decrease because there maybe a lot more young immigrants coming to Canada and the baby boomers will be in their 90's and 100's which means most of them won't be alive but if health care improves they may live longer.
The fertility rate will probably be the same because women will have a choice of how many kids they want so the fertility rate will be the same.
The % of people over 65 in 2040 may decrease because the bulk of Canada's population will be almost dead by then so the percentage may decrease.
I think that the push factors will probably will remain the same as well as the pull factors
Canada's Population Pyramid
Vietnam's Demography and Immigration
Vietnam's population is increasing.
Vietnam's population has increased by 955,196 people or 1.06%.
The population growth for Vietnam is about 955,196 annually.
Vietnam's natural increase rate is 10.7 ([BR] 16.2-5.5 [DR] = 5.2)
Vietnam's growth rate has increased over the years from 1.08 in 2013 to 1.55 in 2014.
The median age now is 27.4 (26.4-male/28.5-female)
Vietnam's fertility rate is 1.77 children per women.
About 6.9% of Vietnam's population is over 65.
Vietnam's net migration this year is -31,071.
More people are leaving Vietnam than coming as permanent residents
Vietnam in 2040
I think that Vietnam's natural increase rate will increase to 10.9.
The growth rate will be the same.
The median age will decrease by maybe a few points.
The fertility rate will probably be close to 1.50.
I also think that people will still be emigrating from Vietnam than Immigrating to it.
Vietnam's Population Pyramid
Push and Pull Factors for Vietnam
- Communist country
- Unemployment in some areas
- Low wages
- Too crowded
- Beautiful architecture
- Cheap currency compared to Canadian money