CN Jr/Sr HS WeAreOne
January 7, 2018
I missed my work family during the break. I missed the students and worried about several that probably have better care at school than they do at home. I missed having a schedule, adult conversations, camaraderie with all of you. There was a time in my professional life that I dreaded going to work and the night before returning after a long break, would have been depressing and full of anxiety. I am very thankful to not feel that way anymore. CN is my home away from home and I am thankful to be here.
As the new year rolled in we talked about New Year's Resolutions as a family one night at dinner. Of course with (3) 14 year olds and an 11 year old the conversation quickly turned to more fun and laughs than serious focus and that was fine because sometimes we need to take ourselves less serious. We revisited the topic later but talked about our goals for 2018 rather than resolutions.
It's easier for me to think about goals rather than resolutions because I see a goal as something I am working toward rather than something I am going to change immediately and in most cases fail at in a week or two. I set a couple of professional goals that I invite you to help me focus on second semester. You can ask me from time to time how I am doing on them, challenge me if you see me missing the mark, or join me in reaching any of them as well. If you have done any goal setting that I can help you with, please feel free to share those with me as well!
I am looking forward to 2nd semester and 2018. There will be ups and there will be downs, but in our home and in my work home I do believe that We Are One, and together we can face anything that comes our way. Here is to working together to make the next semester and the next year, the best it can be!
Goals for Second Semester
- Greet students in the morning (both drivers at Door 14 and bus riders at Door 1)
- Be in the hallways more during passing periods (both Jr & Sr HS)
- Spend more time in your classrooms (not for evaluation just to see the great things that are happening)
- Make more positive parent contacts (emails, phone calls, Cougar Cards)
- Work smarter, not necessarily longer (I need to work on a better balance between work time and home time)
- Start a staff book study and learn to be better together (if you have any book suggestions, please let me know)