- Boling point is at 356.7 C
- 73% Reflective(when light hits it, only 73% of the light reflects back/glare)
- Has no smell.
- It's density is 13.534 at room temp.
- Mercury dissolves gold and forms amalgams.
- Mercury does not react with most acids
- Is a poor conductor of heat
- Is a good conductor of electricity
- When it mixes with iron nothing happens, they are non-reactive.
- When it mixes with sulfur, it makes Mercury-Sulfide
- When Mercury is mixed with Sulfur(non-metal), Mercury Sulfide is made. Mercury Sulfide is the color Vermillion, and is a solid. Mercury Sulfied is also Cinnabar.
- Melting point and freezing point are the same!
- Used in thermometers, batteries.
- Mercury was discovered in 2000 B.C.
- Only Metal that is a liquid at room temp
- Merucry occurs naturally in the Earths surface
- It cycles between soils, water, and the earths atomosphere; can also be found in Cinnabar in large deposists.
- Its atomic number is 80
- Symbol is Hg(from latin word hydragarum; means silvery liquid)
- It has 21 Neutrons
- Has 80 Electrons and Protons.
- The average atomic mass is 200.59
- Transistion Metal
- Has lots of isotopes
- Only 7 are stable
- The most abundant iso tope is Hg (202 29.86%) .
- Hg 194 is the is the radio-isotope that has lived the longet(444 years)