Components of PBL
#AISDCWC #AISDPBL #AISDProud
Take a moment to Tweet your biggest curiosity about Project Based Learning!
Erin Bown-Anderson & Amber Rinehart
- Understand PBL in the context of curriculum writing and Vision 2020
- Explore the NEW AISD model for Transformational Technology
- Begin to build and experience a Personal Learning Network
- Leave with guiding questions to use during CWC Tuning Protocol in writing rooms
HOW MIGHT WE CO-DESIGN AUTHENTIC LEARNING EXPERIENCES WITH STUDENTS?
What transformational elements can we write into the curriculum?
SKIM Reading: Gold Standard PBL
S - Sentence...Read the first one!
K - Keep what speaks to you.
I - Impression...Hold onto your general impressions.
M - Mark interesting points for later.
Three Tools for Authentic Student Learning...
- Look at your card.
- Find a partner.
- Each of you will explain your card to the other, including what it means to you.
- Find a connection between the two cards.
- Consider & Discuss: Thinking about what you are currently working on in your writing room, what transformational element could you embed?
- Tweet out your idea or answer using the #AISDCWC, #AISDPBL, and #AISDProud hashtags.
- On my signal, find a new partner with a different card and repeat steps 1 through 6.
Debrief: Making Content & Personal Connections
This toolkit was created to support the integration of transformational technology into curriculum writing.
Project Based Learning
You will need to be logged in to the AISD Cloud to access this link.