Banksmeadow Public School
In This Issue
Read on to find out about:
- End of Year Events
- Mini Fete
- Summer Reading Club
- School Uniforms
- Classes 2015
- Dance Group News
Dates for the Calendar
- Tues 9 - Year 6 Farewell
- Wed 10 - Guitar group performance at Assembly - 12:00pm
- Thur 11 - Presentation Day - 9.15am
- Thur 11 - Volunteers Morning Tea - in the Library following the Presentation Day assembly
- Mon 15 - Class Gala and Dance Group Performances - 1.30pm
- Tues 16 - Day at the Movies
- Wed 17 - Last day for students
- Wed 28 - Students in Years 1 - 6 return to school
- Kindergarten - staggered start - please read information posted to parents
Mon 2 - Swimming Carnival
Tues 24 - NRMA Road Safety Day
End of Year Events
We have a very busy fortnight ahead, please be aware of the following special events.
- Our last school assembly will be on Wednesday 10 December at 12pm and the Guitar Group will be performing.
- Presentation Day will begin at 9.15 on Thursday 11December and conclude at approximately 10.45. Following the Presentation Day will be a Parent Helpers morning tea in the Library.
- Starting at 1.30pm on Monday 15 December we will have our Class Gala Performance with all students performing in their class or Stage group as well as a performance by both our dance groups.
- Tuesday 16 December is Movie Day. Please make sure your payment of $8 is made by Thursday 11. The P&C have kindly paid for the cost of the bus.
- Wednesday 17 is the last day for all students.
Special thanks go to the students and families in Years 5 and 6 who ran an outstanding mini fete last week. A lot of effort went in to organising such a fun day for all of our students and we thank all of the people involved. The Year 6 students have successfully raised enough money to, not just pay for their Year 6 Farewell but they are also purchasing a set of rugby league goal posts as a gift to the school.
Summer Reading Club
Botany Bay Council is running a holiday reading club. This is a great way to keep children reading and maintain their skills over the Christmas break. Click on the link to find out more.
In recent times many students have not been wearing the correct uniform to school. It is important that all students wear the right uniform particularly for formal occasions when they are representing the school and on school excursions. As parents may be buying new uniforms and shoes over the Christmas break please remember that students should be wearing black shoes or joggers. Neon, fluro or brightly coloured joggers are not appropriate for school. Leggings of any length are also not part of the school uniform, particularly when worn with only a polo shirt. It would be appreciated if parents ensure that their children follow the set uniform.
Our school numbers have been steadily growing and at present we are close to tipping into an eleventh class. At this point in time it is difficult to predict our numbers for the beginning of the 2015 school year. The impact of the new residential development close to the school is an unknown and historically we have also lost students over the summer break. Previously we have endeavoured to get the students into their new class as quickly as possible, usually on the first day of the new school year. This will not be possible next year. The first day back for students in Years 1 to 6 will be Wednesday 28 January. I am hopeful we can form classes by Friday 30 January. I believe it is preferable to wait and be sure of our class structures rather than having to make changes and rearrange students weeks into the term.
Dance Group News
Both the senior and junior dance groups will be performing at the school concert on Monday December 15. If your child is not going to be at school on this day, please send a note in to Mrs Bragg. This week the children will be given a note about the items they will need to provide for the performance.