NUAMES Counseling Center Newsletter
NEW YEAR - NEW SEMESTER!
In this Issue:
- Semester 2 Information
- Canvas Seminars
- New Elective Classes
- SENIORS ONLY: I've Applied to College...What's Next?
- Beating the Winter Blues
- Social Work Services for Students
- Fun Winter Activities
- Calendar for January and Beyond
Semester 2 Information
Ways to Beat the Winter Blues
Semester 2 starts on January 19th. You can email your assigned School Counselor to change something on your schedule OR you may use the Schedule Change Request form.
- Schedule Change Request Form is at www.NUAMES.org, Quick Links, Schedule Change Request Form
- Please give your counselor as much info as possible (such as class you want to replace with, class you want to drop, alternatives)
- $10 fee will start on January 24th
- You will have until January 31st to DROP CE and Early College classes. Students must pay back scholarship funds if a class is dropped after this date.
- EARLY COLLEGE STUDENTS: Remember that you should always talk to both your NUAMES counselor AND your Weber State Early College Advisor before dropping an Early College class.
Students, please REMEMBER that NUAMES Juniors and Seniors are REQUIRED to complete Canvas Seminar assignments.
- Juniors and Seniors must complete 3 per semester
- Seminar assignments are optional for 10th graders
- 1 Seminar each semester will be MANDATORY
- The other 2 seminar assignments will be your choice
- NOT doing 3 per semester = U that must be made up
NEW ELECTIVE CLASSES FOR SEMESTER 2
Latinos in Action
- North Campus will start a Latinos in Action class for semester 2
- Email Mrs Ito if you are interested - AngelaIto@weber.edu
- Davis and North Campus may have a Photography class
- Please Ms Montgomery at email@example.com if you'd like to take Photography
- If we can get enough students, the class will be offered as an ONLINE class
Chances are, you've finished applying to colleges.
You may ask yourself, what happens now?Check out this awesome guide from the folks who run Utah College Application Week:
IDEAS TO BEAT WINTER BLUES
NUAMES Supports from our Social Workers
Did you know that we have Social Workers on site at NUAMES? You can get support from them through lots of different ways.
Here are ways our Social Work team can help you:
- Lunch & Learn Seminars: These will be starting 1/19/22 in D3-340. Come learn skills to support your mental health, resilience, academic success, etc.
- Mental Health Screening Day: 1/18/22 will be a day of Mental Health Screenings. You can schedule an appointment and have an assessment done. This can be helpful to identify ongoing mental health issues.
- Mindfulness Club: Join the Mindfulness Club on B-Day Fridays after school
FUN WINTER ACTIVITIES
CALENDAR - JANUARY AND BEYOND
JANUARY 2022 EVENTS
- Jan 3 - Utah Boys State Registration Opens (See Canvas Seminar for details)
- Jan 5 - Deadline for Approval on Early College for Spring Semester 2022
- Jan 7 - Registration Deadline for Feb 12 ACT
- Jan 10 - WSU Semester Starts
- Jan 18 - Mental Health Screen Day (see QR code above to reserve your spot)
- Jan 19 - NUAMES Term 3/Semester 2 Starts
- Jan 19 - Lunch and Learn Groups D3-340 (Anyone can come!)
- Jan 24 - Must pay $10 fee to change schedule
- Jan 26 - Capstone Night #1 6:00-7:30 PM
- Jan 31 - Last Day to DROP WSU classes (with no penalty or repayment)
SAVE THE DATE - FUTURE EVENTS
- Feb 12 - National ACT
- Mar 1st- SheTech Explorer Day at Mountain America Expo Center
- Mar 4th - Utah Higher Education Day (JUNIORS ONLY)
- Mar 10th - ACT for Juniors
- Mar 24th - Sophomore Conference at Weber State
- Mar 25th - Expect the Great Virtual Conference for African, African-American, and Black students
- Apr 2nd - National ACT
- Apr 19th or 21st - Capstone Night #2
NUAMES Counseling Center
We love our NUAMES Nighthawks! Have a wonderful January!