Athens Career Corner Updates
Learn more about how to earn College credits while in High School through Career and College Promise. See Wake Technical Community College updates!
Raleigh Parks and Recreation Apprenticeship Opportunities
I am sending you the RSYEP website that has the direct links for the Youth jobs. The informational link is here: https://raleighnc.gov/Community/content/CommServices/Articles/SummerYouthEmployment.html. This link has all the key dates, application, and interview links.
This is the link for the Youth Employment Career Coach job posting: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/raleighnc/jobs/3071673/youth-employment-career-coach
Great Harvest Bakery in Cary- Hiring
The Owner of Great Harvest Bakery in Cary has asked Floyd Barco to assist her in finding qualified bakers (students) to work from 3:00am to 9:00am. Professional baking experience is not required, however basic baking skills is requested. She will provide training and the pay ranges from $10-$15 an hour based on experience.
Please reach out to Floyd Barco at 919-451-3461 or barcof@HPW.com if you have questions and would like to coordinate a meeting with Great Harvest Bakery.
North Carolina Department of Labor - Youth Employment Work Permit
The the process to obtain a certificate changed in May 2021. Instructions are obtained from the N.C. Department of Labor Web site https://www.labor.nc.gov/workplace-rights/youth-employment-rules/apply-youth-employment-certificate
Burger 21 in Cary and Raleigh
Apply at Burger21/Careers.com
After School Program Year Round Counselor - City of Raleigh
- Apply online here.
- You must have a Raleigh address to apply and be considered for a position.
- Must be between at least 16 to apply.
- Application closes on September 30th.
- See more information here.
Marco's Pizza (Garner)
- Store is located at 4203 Fayetteville Rd, Garner, NC 27603.
- You can apply in person at the store or Apply online here.
- Complete the online application at: https://restaurantjobs.mcdonalds.com/us-restaurants/jobs?page=1
- Select 10 miles and use your zip code.
- Select one of the store locations and click View Openings
- Click on Apply Now for a Crew position.
- Complete the entire application.
Jersey Mike's Subs
- Visit: www.jerseymikes.com/careers to apply
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Apply online at: https://tinyurl.com/sghsab
- Apply online at: https://wendys-careers.com/job-search/
- Put your zip code in the Location required box.
- Select a location and click the Apply button.
- Complete the entire application.
- Apply online at: https://tinyurl.com/sghsfl
- Select Food Lion as the Operating Company
- Select Retail/Grocery Store Positions as Business Unit
- Select Part Time
- Enter your zip code
- Select a position and click the Apply button at the bottom.
- Complete the entire application.
- Must be 16 to apply
- Apply online at: https://jobs.target.com/
- Enter your zip code in the location box.
- Select 10 miles in the radius box.
- Click on one of the available positions and click on the Apply button.
- Complete the entire application.
- Apply online at: https://www.coldstonecreamery.com
- Type in your zip code in the upper right-hand box that says Nearest Cold Stone.
- Find a location and click on the Apply for a Job button.
- Apply online at: https://littlecaesars.com/en-us/job-search
- Type in your zip code
- Click on Store Jobs next to the location you want
- Scroll down and click the Apply Now button next to Crew Member
- Apply online at: https://tinyurl.com/sghszx
- Apply Online at: https://biscuitville.com/restaurant-crew-jobs
- Find the Crew Member position at the location you wish to apply
- Click the Apply for this job link.
- Apply online at: https://jobs.panerabread.com/
- Type in your zip code and search jobs.
- Click on the job and apply.
- Apply online at: https://tinyurl.com/sghsstar
- Click Search Jobs
- Select United States for country and enter your zip code
- Select at least 10 miles for distance and click the Search Jobs button.
- Select a job and click apply.
- Apply online at: https://careers.bk.com/
- Scroll down to Team Member
- Click on Find Restaurant and Apply
Many other part-time jobs for teens are listed on Snag A Job.
https://tinyurl.com/sghssnag - Jobs include Hardees, Arby’s, Chipotle, Pizza Hut, etc.
City Barbeque Hiring
Our biggest need is at our new Lake Boone Trail location, but all joint locations will welcome great candidates.
We are running a Referral Bonus program that offers $200.00 for each referral an employee makes if the referral completes training and gets hired by City Barbeque. There is not a limit to how many people the employee may refer.
We also offer seasonal employment. If an employee works with us over the summer and then goes back to school, if they want to work during their school holidays, we will guarantee them a job.
Now Hiring Servers!! - Searstone Retirement Community is hiring servers. We are looking for dependable and hardworking individuals who are looking for after school employment. Evening and Weekend hours are available. Typical shift is 4:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Click here to see the full job description. Click the logo to the left to apply for a position
Rock To[p Catering is Hiring! We are a locally owned and operated catering company and are in need of servers mostly on Saturdays. We don’t require a huge commitment so it’s really ideal for busy students who need/want to work and make some money. No experience necessary and we’ll be hiring year-round! Click here to see the digital flyer for more information. Use the link below to apply: www.rockytopcateringjobs.com
Sam Osterwald is our hiring manager and can be contacted directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Macgregor Draft House is hiring!! Position are for a People Greeter/Food Runner. Some of the duties involved in filling this position will include greeting and seating guests, answering phones and handling take out orders, helping deliver food to tables and cleaning tables. No experience necessary only a ability to smile and interact politely with guests and coworkers.
The hours are from 5 PM until 9 or 10 PM with some weekend days from 12 PM until 2 or 3 PM. Applicants can apply via email at email@example.com or apply in person at MacGregor Draft House, 107 Edinburgh South, Suite 120 in Cary.
Old Navy Is Hiring - We’re searching for Brand Associates to join our team – no experience needed, friendly and eager to learn is what we are looking for! As a Brand Associate, you’re an important part of our team and take pride in the brand to deliver a great shopping experience for our customers. You will support your team to drive results, deliver best-in-class service and educate customers on our loyalty programs. You enjoy a fast-paced environment and have a customer-first mindset.
Click here if you are interested in applying.
StoneRidge Retirement Community is hiring!! StoneRidge has some great part-time opportunities for students who want to gain experience in the workforce. Openings are for servers in our dining room. Our "seniors" absolutely love the young people we employ for our supper services and weekend shifts. Our part-time server positions allow high school and college students the opportunity to earn money, build valuable customer service skills and develop that all important "work ethic" for the future. Our work shifts are 2-3 hours several times a week as to allow students plenty of time to study.
If interested contact Amy Sugg Assistant Manager - 919-460-0560; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Jason's Deli in Cary is hiring!! Click here to get more information or go to jasonsdeli.com/careers
The Cary area McDonalds are hiring!! The below Cary McDonald's locations are hiring for all shifts and positions. Starting pay is $9 - $15 per hour. If interested click here or stop by any of these Cary locations.: 869 SE Maynard Rd., Cary,
1299 Kildaire Farm Rd, Cary, 1805 N. Harrison Ave., Cary, 4801 SW Cary Parkway, Cary, 1830 Walnut Street, Cary
3494 Kildaire Farm Road, Cary, 4980 Cary Glen Blvd., Cary
Aqua-Tots is now hiring for the summer. If you are looking for a part-time job for the summer that offers competitive wages and benefits that you typically won't find at other part-time jobs Aqua-Tots is the place for you. You should be 16 years old but responsible 15 year old applicants will also be considers.
Click here to get more information and apply for the job.
Pro's Epicurean Market & Cafe-211 E Chatham St, Cary is looking to hire dependable, honest, hard-working, team players with a great attitude! Punctuality a must as well as showing up to all scheduled shifts. Must be 16 years old.
• Runs food to Tables; Clears and Sets Tables; Assists Servers in all areas of Duties
• Keeps Dining Room, Patio and Restaurant Immaculate; Assists Dish person at end of shift
• Prepares takeout food for pick-up; Rings in customer Orders; Other duties as needed.
• Work weekends, weekdays/weeknights are also available;
Sonic Drive In is hiring Customer Service Attendants(Skating Carhops) day or night shifts. Pay is $7.25/hr plus tips. The average per hour pay is $14-$20 with tips. Sonic is also looking for Cooks. All employees also get to enjoy a free meal every shift they work!! Click here to open the flyer and apply.
Work for Starbucks and get 100% of your college tuition coveraged! As you earn your bachelor’s degree online from ASU you will receive reimbursement for full tuition coverage. Students have to maintain an average of 20 hrs/week at Starbucks.
We are hiring now, and all of locations are looking for students interested in ASU. Our college achievement plan is available at all Starbucks locations. Click here to see the flyer with more information
Contact: Ahrash Farhangi with questions. Store manager 9840|coffee master 919-468-9908 1107 Walnut Street Cary, NC 27511
PrestonWood Country Club is Hiring!! Pay range for current openings is $9 - $12 per hour.
Click here to see the employment flyer! Click the logo to apply for any of these positions
Job Description - Screen Technician
A successful candidate will be expected to work 6-8 hours weekly after school. The basic job consists of stripping, cleaning and power washing screens used to print tee shirts. The ideal candidate would be available to work 6-8 hours weekly until the end of the school year with full-time summer employment available. The starting salary would be $11.00 per hour with pay advances given when earned. This is an opportunity for a serious student to learn the entire screen-printing process. Interested candidates should contact Mr. Evans or call Harry Gould at Spectrum Screen Printing Services in Cary 919 481-9905.
Kababish Café located in Downtown Cary is hiring PT/FT servers. Please email email@example.com or call 9194541147 for immediate consideration.
M,W,Th,F 4PM to 9PM
Weekends 12PM to 9PM
Click here for hiring flyer.
Click the link below and put in the location you are looking for.
Search Job Openings at Local YMCAs
Bank of America Information Session for Student Leaders 2022
Invitation to Attend Information Session for Student Leaders® 2022
Be the generation to serve, inspire and change the world!
Since 2004, Student Leaders has been part of Bank of America’s ongoing commitment to youth employment and economic mobility. Our goal is to help prepare a diverse pipeline of community-minded young students to be successful in the workforce through leadership training and work experience.
Through our Student Leaders® program, we annually connect more than 300 community-minded high school juniors and seniors from nearly 100 communities to employment, skills development and service.
If you or someone you know is a current junior or senior in high school and have a passion for improving the community, please join us for an information session to learn more about the application process and program details. This session is open to prospective applicants, parents, guardians, guidance counselors and advisors.
To learn more:
Ø We invite you to join an information session on December 7, 2021 from 7:00pm – 8:00pm EDT/ 4:00pm – 5:00pm PDT. Registration is quick and easy but must be completed prior to the session. To register, click here.
Ø To apply for Student Leaders online, please click here.
Thank you for your commitment to improving your community. We look forward to a great conversation.