HOW TO MAKE GOURMET CANDIED APPLES
TIRED OF GOING TO THE MALL AND SPENDING LOTS OF MONEY? LEARN HOW TO MAKE GOURMET CANDIED APPLES IN YOUR VERY OWN KITCHEN! LET THE DESSERT SISTER'S TEACH YOU HOW!
- 16 wooden sticks
- 16 small apples, chilled
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light-colored corn syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. Push wooden sticks into the top of chilled apples. Return apples to the refrigerator until caramel is ready for dipping.
- 2. Place sugar, corn syrup, and water in a large saucepan; boil, stirring until dissolved. Boil, without stirring, 9 minutes or until light golden.
- 3. Combine half-and-half, vanilla, and salt; slowly stir into pan. Boil until candy thermometer reaches 235° (45 minutes), stirring frequently.
- 4. Pour caramel into a bowl sitting in a hot water bath. Swirl apples in caramel, and place on baking sheet lined with wax paper.
- For extra fun: after dipping apples in caramel you may also dip them in any candy or coding you desire.
NEED A LITTLE EXTRA HELP???
HERE'S A YOU-TUBE VIDEO THAT WILL SHOW YOU HOW IT'S DONE!!!
Gourmet Candy Apples | ShowMeCute