PRJHS WEEKLY NEWSLETTER
APRIL 27 - MAY 1, 2015
7th Grade PARCC Testing Information
We will begin the 7th grade testing on Monday 5/4/15 after homeroom.
- Prior to both the AM and PM sessions pick up either the academic roster or testing folder in the media center (These rosters will be the "official" rosters used for testing)
- It is not necessary to print out rosters from the share drive unless you need them for you own reference or to help students find their locations
- Return ALL rosters to the media center at the end of each session
- PLEASE DO NOT CHANGE ANY ROOM LOCATIONS
- English Teachers be sure to inform the students where they are to report on all days. There are blank student schedules attached and posted on the share drive, please have the students complete them so they know where they are to report.
- Students are organized by their English teacher and by period.
Dates to Remeber
- 7th Grade PARCC Testing Window: Monday, May 4 - Wednesday, May 6
- Random Drug Testing Meeting: Monday, May 4 - 6:00 pm JHS Media Center
- Teacher Appreciation Day - Tuesday, May 5
- Leadership Council Meeting: Tuesday, May 5 - JHS Media Center 3:00pm
- JHS Department Meetings: Tuesday, May 12
- New Staff Member Meeting: Wednesday, May 13 - JHS Media Center
- 6/7 Dance: Friday, May 15 - 6:30 - 8:30 pm
Team Meghan Update
I wanted to share an exciting update.... Meghan Crawford is now officially cancer free for 6 months! Her family continues to express their gratitude as Meghan gets stronger every day. They thank you for everything you have done, large and small, to help facilitate the growth of her happy healthy cells! Have a terrific day and enjoy the attached picture of a true miracle in motion.
Remember, HOPE shines brightest in the darkest moments!
Spring Sports Have Begun
JHS Jazz Band & Chorus Programs Performing in the Inner Harbor
REBOUND - The Chris Herren Story
Also presenting on this night will be Gabriel Hurley. Mr. Hurley's presentation is also a very compelling story about his life and how it was changed in an instant due to another person's irresponsible driving behavior. His presentation is entitled, Unbreakable: A presentation by Gabriel Hurley. Unfortunately Mr. Hurley is now blind because of a crash that was caused by irresponsible driving by a young male driver. With the upcoming Prom Season we feel that this component of our forum is very relevant. This also demonstrates that drug addiction affects us in many unthinkable ways, even when it is not our family, friends or loved ones living the life of addiction.
Wildcats in Action
SALT Committee Update
Some of the data used to determine our areas of focus in the SALT Committee came from our most recent School Performance Report which we have linked below for your review.
2014/2015 REVISED SCHOOL CALENDAR
Rain Barrel Challenge - Mrs. Lentini's Class
Just a friendly reminder, if you haven't voted for our rain barrel yet please vote for #12! The contest has been extended until Tuesday, May 5th at 4 pm.
The link is