TEAM 16 NEWS
Miss Riley's Class
Reminders For September
SCHOLASTIC BOOK ORDERS: Due Tuesday September 20th
On Friday last week we started DARE. Officer Don will be coming every Friday to teach the DARE program. To Learn more about the program log on to www.dare.com
We have started reading Frindle by Andrew Clements in class. We will not only being enjoying the story but using it as a spring board to learn and review ideas about grammar and writing.
Your child will have their homework written down in their agenda book everyday. If they are missing their homework it will be noted by one of the team teachers. It is a great communication tool to use with your child and their teachers!
Welcome to TEAM 16!
Every Monday, students will receive a reading log. Each student is expected to read for at least 20 minutes a night and record what they read in their log. Parents or Guardians are asked to sign the reading log every Thursday and students will return the completed log every Friday. The purpose of the reading log is to enhance a love of reading and promote reading fluency!
The following are some friendly reminders!
· Every month there will be an online newsletter from Hellteam 16 to update you on what we are doing in the classroom. If you would like to have access to the newsletter, please writ your email address at the bottom of the page.
· Each student will receive an agenda book and are expected to record assignments and reminders daily.
· We will be having snack in the classroom daily, just a friendly reminder to make sure that your student’s snack is peanut-free J
· Team 16 will be having gym with Mr. Miller every Friday so make sure your child wears sneakers!
· We will be having Scholastic book orders so keep a look out for information concerning them!
· Open house will be Thursday, September 22nd
· Any donations of paper towels, tissues, disinfectant wipes, or hand sanitizer would be greatly appreciated by team 16!
I am so excited to begin what is sure to be a fantastic year! If you have any questions or concerns do not hesitate to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org