The Pros and Cons
- Biodiesel is a renewable energy fuel source.
- It is a clean-burning substitution for regular Petroleum Fuel.
- It is much safer to store and handle.
- Biodiesel is domestically produced in the United States.
- Biodiesel reduces the amount of greenhouse gases in the environment.
- Biodiesel has been known to cause less damage to the environment if it is leaked or spilled.
- It is very expensive and timely to produce Biodiesel from vegetable oils.
- Many types of vehicular warranties do not cover any Biodiesel blends above B5.
- Biodiesel is more expensive than regular petroleum diesel.
- It is not widely produced, causing supplying problems.
- Biodiesel is known to cause more nitrogen oxide emissions in some instances.
- Biodiesel does not provide equal fuel economy or power compared to petroleum diesel.
- Some biodiesel blends are not made to work in colder weather.