News from the Holy Rosary/Juan Diego Community
Message from the Principal: Sept. 7th
We are in our first full day of school. The kids have adapted so quickly to the routine of a school day. It is fantastic seeing their smiling faces every day. We are grateful to have such a wonderful community of people supported to our mission of making an innovative Catholic education accessible to all who desire it. Thank you to the many parents who have already started volunteering in and around the school. We couldn't do what we do without your help. From installing basketball hoops, helping with the bbq, and serving meals to serving on the Parent Service Club, fund-raising, and helping out in the classrooms...you are truly amazing. If you need to determine how to get those volunteer hours in, just check in with your child's teacher(s). We can help you figure out something to do at school, as well as on nights or weekends. I want to wish everyone a blessed 2016-17 school year. It's going to be a great one!
Have a wonderful week!
P.S. Sorry for the length of this newsletter. We have a lot of information to get out to parents at the beginning of the school year!
Having Fun on Day One!!
Reminders for the Week:
Friday - Spirit Gear, Jamba Juice
Calling All Volunteers!
- We are in need of an Asst. Coach for Cross Country, as well as parents to help out with supervision at practice. If you are interested, please contact Coach Pickles directly at email@example.com or at 253-686-6643 (text).
- Recess Duty - If you can come to the school between 12 pm and 1 pm any day of the week, we would love to have recess helpers to supervise the kids. Extra eyes are always appreciated!!
We Love our Volunteers!
- Casey McKinney and Ralph Thomson for working so hard to get our basketball hoops up and running for the school year.
- Mary Jane Long for her generous donation to the music program, as well as her time in the classroom.
- Lisa Hepfer for some amazing First Day of School photos!
- Amy Canche for helping out in the office.
- Amanda Schweickert and the Parent Service Club for a successful (and fun) bbq!
Reminder: Student Profiles
Missing Kitchen Tongs!
Morning and Afternoon Drop-Off and Pick-Up
- Morning Drop-Off needs to occur between 7:45 and 8 am.
- Students may not be dropped off before 7:45 am. Children arriving before 7:45 will be sent to Extended Care and families will be billed.
- If a child is not in the classroom by 8 am, they are tardy. Please do your best to get the kids to school on time. It is important for kids to get settled and have a nice (and not hectic) start to their day. Also, it gets pretty chaotic in the front office.
- Please remember to park in one of the many designated parking spaces in the back lot (ONLY) if you are walking your child to/from the school.
- If your child is delayed in coming out to afternoon carpool and you are in the drive-through lane, we will ask you to pull over and park, so as not to delay other parents.
- If you are standing with your child at the safety square, please make sure you are IN the square, so that you are clear of the carpool lane.
All students must be signed up by this Friday, Sept. 9th and shirts need to be ordered by Friday, as well.
Meals: Don't Miss this Opportunity!
From the Development Desk!
If you have not liked our Facebook page yet, please do! You can find us at: https://www.facebook.com/HolyRosaryTacoma/
We post important school/event information, the weekly newsletter, along with fun photos of our students. It is also a great way to share school information with extended family and friends.
Do you shop on Amazon? Our school is now registered on Amazon Smile. When you shop through Amazon Smile, Amazon will donate 0.5% of your eligible purchases to our school. To choose our school as your organization to donate to, please visit the following link https://smile.amazon.com/ch/46-1454901. Just remember that when you shop, you need to go to smile.amazon.com, versus the main amazon page. We are listed under Academia Juan Diego. This ensures that your purchases are eligible for donation.