The Hoot Owl
WEEK OF MARCH 30TH
NOTE FROM MRS. ELDRIDGE
In this every changing world that we are currently living in, we appreciate your feedback and flexibility as we work to make distance learning effective and efficient.
We want you to know that our first priority is the safety and well-being of all of our students. As work comes home and Zoom conferences are in place, we appreciate you doing all that you can to support learning. We also understand that many of us are working and then teaching or monitoring the learning of our children. Please do not allow yourselves or your children to get overwhelmed. Do what you can.
As we move forward, you will be receiving an email from me on Mondays with a link to the Hoot Owl. At the bottom of each newsletter, you will find either the pdf files for your grade, or a link to a shared file that will have work assignments in it for the week. Please know these are week long activities so that you can pace yourselves.
A NOTE FROM THE NURSE...
Hello Oak Ridge Elementary families! I hope you are all well and taking precautions to stay healthy during this time.
While schools are closed to help prevent the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19), please protect yourselves and others by following CDC recommendations. You can help protect your family from COVID-19 by practicing and promoting everyday healthy habits.
- Practice social distancing to limit the spread of the virus. Social distancing is staying 3-6 feet from other people and not hugging or shaking hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick. If you or your child is sick, stay at home and contact your healthcare provider.
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with the inside of your elbow or a tissue and throw the tissue in the trash.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth. Viruses are spread more easily with this type of contact.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Follow CDC’s recommendations for using a face mask, which does not recommend people who are well to wear a face mask to protect themselves from respiratory diseases, including COVID-19. Face masks should be used by people who show symptoms of COVID-19 to help prevent the spread of the disease to others.
Please go to the following link for more in-depth information from the CDC:
If you are feeling ill, utilize this CDC online self-checker and they will assist you with how to proceed:
Conroe ISD Health Services has a General Health Information Call Line (936) 709-7791
Nurses will be answering calls Monday through Friday (8:00-3:00) to provide information from the CDC, DSHS, and other informational sources if you have any general questions or inquiries.
If you have any Oak Ridge Elementary clinic or student-specific questions, please feel free to reach out to me by email or leave me a phone message and I will get back to you as soon as possible.
832-592-5903 Oak Ridge Elem Clinic
Attached is a file to guide family discussions (explaining what fairness is, why it is important, quotes, etc.).
Fairness Character Card.pdf - Google Drive ... Sign in
Read Aloud: It's Not Fair by Amy Krouse Rosenthal and Tom Lichtenheld
Reading the wonderful book, It's Not Fair, by Amy Krouse Rosenthal and Tom Lichtenheld
PTO CHOCOLATE SALES
PACKET PICK UPS
1. Click on the link on the phone, it will ask if you want to download.
2. To actually view it, you will need to click on the down arrow. (Picture 1 below)
3. Then it will pop up and you will click on the magnify glass (Picture 2 below) to view.
FIRST GRADE - ENGLISH
FIRST GRADE - BILINGUAL
SECOND GRADE - ENGLISH
SECOND GRADE - SPANISH
THIRD GRADE - ENGLISH
FOURTH GRADE - MATH - ENGLISH
FOURTH GRADE - SPANISH - MATH
FOURTH GRADE - ELA - ENGLISH
FOURTH GRADE - ELA - SPANISH
FOURTH GRADE - SCIENCE AND SOCIAL STUDIES
SPECIALS ACTIVITIES - ENGLISH
SPECIALS ACTIVITIES - SPANISH
SAFETY IS A PRIORITY
Remember ALL visitors must enter through the front office and have an ID for check-in.