Getting ready for school
Atherton Jr/Sr High School Parent Informational Guide
3 weeks left before school - Suggestions to get your child ready for school
School is almost here!!! During the next three weeks, the follow “assignments” will help you get you and your child ready for the first day of school on September 3rd:
- Get child back on sleep schedule – school starts at 7:30 AM!!!
- Gather school information and organize paperwork
- Set a back-to-school budget and save on supplies and spending
- Create a school-year calendar and schedule school-related appointments (orientations, doctor/visits/vaccinations, eye appointments, etc.)
- Make sure to attend one of the following orientations:
Wednesday, August 21st
9th-12th grade 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM
9th-12th grade 5:00 PM – 6:00 PM
7th-8th grade 6:00 PM – 7:00 PM (8th graders MUST attend this session as we will be going over EDP from 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM)
Tuesday, August 27th 9th -12th grade
11:00 AM – 12:00 PM
7th grade 5:00 PM – 6:00 PM
9th-12th grade 6:00 PM – 7:00 PM
- Speed back-to-school shopping and plan children’s wardrobes
- Streamline school lunches
- Organize children’s rooms and homework areas for success
- Craft a smooth, organized daily routine for the school year
- Send the children back to school prepared and eager for new challenges!
Attached is checklist that will help you.