Spellman Tech Update
Back to School - Student Edition - September 2015
Self Serve FAQs
Self Serve is an icon located on student iPad that provides access to teacher requested Apps - think of this as the "Spellman App store"
- Do you find the Self Serve App on your iPad? If not, please email firstname.lastname@example.org requesting we send it to your device
- Do you have the App but are seeing a "cannot connect to server" error? Delete the App & email email email@example.com requesting we send it to your device
- Do you have the App, but are not able to login using your username/password? Username is everything before the "@" in your email address; password is case sensitive - did you include the capital letter and any symbols ?
- Do you have self serve, but are not able to locate the App you need? Please view the App FAQ's link below for additional details about Apps, including list of Apps accessed through self serve
- Teachers should email Techsupport@spellman.com to request additions
- Students should come to tech department to discuss your request - be prepared to explain how the app will help you as a student
United States Government - Fraga
Literature Grade 9 - Jago
Literature Grade 10 - Jago
Geometry - Charles
Did you backup to iCloud ?
How to check ? settings> iCloud> storage & backup
Running low on space ? clean out pictures/ video, unused apps or iBooks ASAP to make sure you have room for this years books & course materials
Printing for Students
Location: Computer Lab A (Room 002)
Printer Options – Black & White
- Computer Lab A 1
- Computer Lab A 2
- Computer Lab A 3
- Open Before & After school
- First 5 minutes and last 5 minutes of class period
- Do not enter computer lab without teacher present
- Enter through Classroom door – enter and leave room silently – do not disrupt classes in session
- Access to printer during scheduled classes is a privilege and is at discretion of teacher in computer lab
**teachers may print to computer lab or to printers in faculty spaces - refer to tech dept email for ip addresses needed to install printers on your macbook
Email not working on iPad ??
Settings> Mail,Contacts,Calendars>Spellman> tap on your email > enter password under username (** this process may take a moment - blue checkmarks will indicate successful connection with email server)
*If you have multiple Spellman emails installed, delete the duplicate
Email may be accessed from any internet connected device using the link below
Help Desk Hours ??
- Before school 7:25 - 7:45
- After school 2:15-3:15
- Students email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an appointment for help during the school day.
- Please do not send students to tech office during school day without an appointment
Include the following information in your email so we are prepared to help you :
- Subject line: request for appointment
- Description of problem
- Day/Mod preferred ( we will try to honor request, but reserve the right to work around existing tech department commitments - please schedule during study whenever possible)
- Tech department will email student with appointment confirmation - this email should serve as a student pass