Requirements and Job Description
Every Day Jobs
Physical therapists can treat every muscle and bone in the body. They work with any type of pain and/or injury one may be recovering from. They help regain and build strength into the particular area getting treated. Rehab may be long and extensive, but when finished patients have a less likely risk for future injury. Physical therapists work with a large variety of equipment: from something as simple as putty you squeeze in your hand to intricate stem treatments.
In addition requirements for being a physical therapist includes:
- Responsible for evaluating/assessing needs of referred patients and formulating treatment plans.
- Provides therapy services defined in treatment plans.
- Work cooperatively with physicians, case managers, and adjustors.
- May supervise physical therapy assistants, aides, and athletic trainers.
- Requires a master's degree and is certified as a physical therapist.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Performs a variety of tasks.
- A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Typically reports to a manager.
"Physical Therapist Salary | Salary.com." Salary.com. N.p., n.d. Web. 05 Jan. 2014.