Athens Elementary's new Mission: Bring Your Own Device
2. Only use your device when instructed by your teacher.
3. Social Media and unapproved internet browsing is prohibited. No exceptions.
4. Devices will be taken away at teacher discretion.
5. Handle your device with care.
6. Keep your device in a safe place. The school is not responsible for lost or damaged devices-- it is your child's responsibility.
7. Your device is to be used as a technology tool.
8. Devices are not allowed in the hallway or during class outside of their designated time.
The school provides each classroom with a small number of devices which students will share if they do not have access to their own.
2. What do I do if my child gets his device taken away?
School policy requires parents to pick up the device. Teachers will not send it home with the student.
3. I'm worried about my child being on social media and not paying attention..how will teachers monitor device use?
Our teachers are committed to using the devices as learning tools and students must be engaged in classroom activity. Teachers will be monitoring device use closely and will take discipline measures if a student is not on task.
4. Are students required to bring their own device?
No, students are not required to bring their own device however they are strongly encouraged to if they have their own.