4th Grade Update
Week of April 5
- Students will be skating during PE classes between the dates of April 6 to April 20. On PE days, students may bring long socks and a hat to wear underneath their helmets. Plastic hats will be provided for those who do not bring one.
- Austin field trip t-shirt flyers are due by Friday so we can order everybody's shirts!
- May 4: Parent information meeting (7:15 a.m.) regarding our Austin field trip.
- May 9: Math STAAR
- May 10: Reading STAAR
- May 12: STAAR Make Up Day if needed
- May 25: Fourth graders go to Austin!
In the Classroom
LANGUAGE ARTS: Narrative poetry writing; cursive handwriting; adverbs
READING: Comparing and contrasting texts; Pom Pom Poetry is April 15 (Robert Frost poem)
MATH: Customary units of length, weight, and liquid
SCIENCE: Patterns of change on Earth (seasons)
SOCIAL STUDIES: Texas is Annexed
This week's EXCELerator award winner is:
Mrs. Roby's homeroom: Maddy Glass
Mrs. Osborne's homeroom: Will Currie
Congratulations Maddy and Will!