ACA Peds Council News
7/23-24/22 Peds Symposium, Participate in Research, & more
Pediatrics Symposium: Caring for the Pediatric Spine
Logan University and the ACA Pediatrics Council Present: Caring for the Pediatric Spine
The symposium is available in-person and virtual. Registration prices remain the same for both formats. Registration for virtual program closes on July 15th.
- Regular Registration (non-members) $200; Early Bird $180
- Regular Reg. (ACA CCP Members) $180; Early Bird $160
- Students: Regular $110; Early Bird $95
Register and pay by July 8, 2022, to qualify for the Early Bird discount.
Featuring: Elise Hewitt, DC, DICCP, FICC; Hannah Anderson, DC, CACCP; Jenna Quentin, Social Media Expert; Jenny Brocker, DC, DICCP; Mary Beth Minser, DC, FICPA; Holly Tucker, DC, MPH, CHES, FASA, PFP;
Saturday, July 23, 2022 – 12:00 pm -7:00 pm
Dr. Elise Hewitt- Pediatric Adjusting (4 hours)
Dr. Hannah Anderson- Gut Health in Pediatric Patients (2 hours)
Jenna Quentin- How to Adjust your Social Media (1 hour) No CE
Sunday, July 24, 2022 – 8:00 am – 2:00 pm
Dr. Jenny Brocker- Management of Common Infant Conditions (2 hours)
Dr. Mary Beth Minser- Clinical Pearls and Conditions in the 4-8 year old Pediatric Population (2 hours)
Dr. Holly Tucker- Business Simplified:
Understanding the Basics of Entrepreneurship in Chiropractic (2 hours) No CE
Introducing: Christina Galatioto, SACA CCP Liaison
Do you work with patients age 12 to 17?
We need your help!
- Who can participate in the COURSE Study: chiropractors that work with people ages 12-17, scan the code BELOW to get started!
The ACA Peds Council Research Committee has partnered with the leading researchers in the field to provide opportunities for our members to actively contribute to advancing pediatric literature. Email the ACA CCP Research Director, Dr. Jessie Young, DrJessieYoung@gmail.com to be a mentor, find a mentor, or get more information.
BIKE SAFETY TIPS FOR ALL AGES
With the arrival of warmer weather, more people will be taking to the streets on their bikes.
The Hard Facts from Safe Kids Worldwide:
Properly-fitted helmets can reduce the risk of head injuries by at least 45 percent – yet less than half of people 14 and under usually wear a bike helmet.
- Wear a properly-fitted helmet. It is the best way to prevent head injuries and death.
- Ride on the sidewalk when you can. If not, ride in the same direction as traffic as far on the right-hand side as possible.
- Use hand signals and follow the rules of the road. Be predictable by making sure you ride in a straight line and don’t swerve between cars.
- Wear bright colors and use lights, especially when riding at night and in the morning. Reflectors on your clothes and bike will help you be seen.
Tell us about YOU!
As part of this community, we want to connect with you, learn more about who you are, and know who we can refer patients to. We are looking for members of the ACA Pediatrics Council to feature on our website and social media pages.
Would you like to be featured as our member of the month? Member Minute consists of a one minute video of you answering your favorite questions below an introducing yourself. Please take a minute to answer a few of these questions, and email your responses to us.
Application for Member Minute
- Full name:
- Why did you become a chiropractor? Or a chiropractic student?
- What motivates you to serve your community?
- Do you have an area of expertise?
- What is your favorite thing about being part of the pediatrics council?
- Who do you love providing care for, who can we send your way?
- Share one thing you do for fun.
Please send an email to our membership chair, Dr. Jo Nell Shaw at firstname.lastname@example.org, include a headshot/photo you’d like used with your answers, a video answering any of the above questions, and links to your business’ social media profiles.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONTINUED SUPPORT OF THE ACA PEDIATRICS COUNCIL!
Together, we are working to advance the field of chiropractic pediatrics.
We would like to highlight some of the benefits of being a member:
Increases your visibility as a doctor of chiropractic who serves the pediatric community.
You are placed on a Find A Chiropractor list for colleagues to use or for the public to
find a chiropractor who treats pediatric patients, increasing your patient base.
Helps align yourself with other doctors of chiropractic who are like minded
in providing pediatric care and increased networking opportunities.
Provides opportunities to expand your educational resources.
Attending an annual symposium that highlights great speakers on multiple pediatric topics.
Discounted registration fees on educational courses and yearly symposium.
A complimentary subscription to Journal of Chiropractic Medicine
Social media messaging and interaction with colleagues through the council’s
Facebook and Instagram accounts.
Helps you market to your pediatric community… and much more.
There are so many more advantages to being a member that will enhance your pediatric practice. We invite students and first year graduates to join, as their membership fees are FREE! General membership is only $85.00 for ACA members.