Friday Focus Richland Elementary
Positive Parent Contact
Sept 19 Black
Sept 20 Orange
Sept 21 White
Sept 22 Gray PAT Family Night 5:00
Sept 23 Black--Midterm sent home
Sept 26 Orange
Sept 27 White
Sept 28 Gray
Sept 29 Black
Sept 30 Orange Picture Retake
Professional Development Plans
3rd Section: Individual Teacher Professional Development (PD) Goal(s)
This must be a SMART goal. Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, Timebound
4th Section: Data Used to Determine PD Goals
What data did you use to help determine your goal?
5th Section: PD Sequence
What PD activities will you complete to accomplish your goals?
Complete Section A and turn in for Pre-Approval by September 15th
District Policy Review : I hope you are finding the section interesting. If there is policy you are wanting to see covered let me know
P 4630 Staff Conduct
Maintain professional relationships with students. With the exception of students who are immediate family with the staff member, this requirement also includes avoiding situations that could lead to allegations of inappropriate relationships with students, including, but not limited to:
- Being present in any setting where students are provided or are consuming alcohol or illegal drugs.
- Inviting students to be alone with a staff member at a staff member’s residence, on staff member’s private property, or in a staff member’s motor vehicle without the prior consent of the building principal.
- Communicating with students, electronically or in person, about the student’s sexual activity or concerning the staff member’s sexual or romantic conduct.
- Being present on District premises alone with a student in a room where the door is closed, the door is locked, or the lights are off, unless required temporarily due to emergency circumstances. Counselors and administrators are exempted from this prohibition in performance of professional duties.
- Covering the interior window(s) of instructional space and offices with any material that blocks or obscures outside vision into the space, unless required temporarily due to emergency circumstances.
- Communicating with students about sexual topics outside approved District curriculum, unless done as part of a District investigation into sexual abuse or harassment.
- Utilizing students to attend to personal errands for the staff member.
- Allowing students to drive a staff member’s vehicle.
Note #2. This includes taking students home in your POV.
#4 and 5 Please note that classroom windows should not be fully covered. Remember when we are conferencing with students that doors should be left open.
Having students check other students papers and homework that are used for grading breaks confidentiality rules allowed to each individual. This is not best practices.
PLC Agenda 9/21
Are you on track for teaching all of your first quarter standards?
How do you know if your students have mastered all of your first quarter standards?
What do we do if they haven't?
** Bring your curriculum and pacing guides
Oct. 10 Professional Development
Survey Results are IN!!!!
October Pumpkins - Oct. 28
November Thanksgiving Nov. 22
December Polar Bears Dec. 19
January Martin Luther King Jr Jan. 13
February Presidents Feb. 16
March Dr. Seuss Mar. 1
April Earth Day April 21
May Space May 12