South Row's Home Link
Week of: June 6th, 2022
Message from Mrs. Gilbert & Mr. Ramalho
We want to thank our organizers and the many parent hosts that participated in Author's Day and Fitfest. The school and community participation made both events a huge success.
We will be hosting a final PRIDE Push week this week. Students will be awarding their peers Pride tickets when they observe our PRIDE core values in their classmates.
We look forward to our Kindergarten Musicals this week.
We will be celebrating Celtics Day on Wednesday June 8th. Students are encouraged to wear their Celtics gear.
Terri and Jayson
Week at a Glance
MONDAY - 6.06.22
- Kindness Matters Day ~ Students and staff are encouraged to wear kindness shirts and/or complete a kind act.
- Kindergarten Musical (Rigby and Sbordy), 2:15-2:45pm, Cafeteria
TUESDAY - 6.07.22
- Kindergarten Musical (Patriquin and Dossin), 2:15-2:45pm, Cafeteria
- School Council Dinner, 5:30pm
WEDNESDAY - 6.08.22
- Pool Testing (last testing of the year)
- Walk to School Day - Its Almost Summer!
- Optional Incoming Kindergarten Tours @ 9:30AM and 2:00PM
- Celtics Day
- Grade 4 Dress Rehearsal for Moving on Ceremony (closed event)
FRIDAY - 6.10.22
- Grade 4 Field Day
What is Move Up Day: On June 14th, students will participate in Move Up Day. This entails students briefly meeting with their teacher and classmates for next year. Students will be given a welcome letter from their new teacher to bring home that day.
Gardening Opportunity: On June 15th at 3:15 members of the gardening committee will be working in the South Row courtyard garden preparing and planting the beds in anticipation of a Fall harvest. The gardening committee would like to extend the opportunity to all families to get involved either during this planting day or during the 2022-2023 school year. If you are interested in coming on the 15th and/or being a part of the gardening committee please reach out to Megan Curran at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Water Bottles: As the weather gets warmer please remember to pack a water bottle with your child if possible. It is also recommended to remind your child to bring their water bottle to lunch if they do not enjoy milk from the cafe.
Lost and Found: We have MANY items in our lost and found. All items will be out in the front of the building during the school day this week. Please swing by if you are missing items from 8:00AM-4:00PM. Click on this link to view a video of items!
Looking ahead - K-3 families: Please save your car dismissal numbers cards for next school year. At the end of the school year, please be sure you put them in a safe place. Your children will have the same number for their entire elementary career. New cards will be given to the incoming kindergarten families each year. Numbers will NOT be reprinted for current South Row students/families currently in grades K-3 unless you reach out to the main office staff in the Fall.
- Grade 4 Field Day - Rain Date , June 13th
- Move Up Day for K-3 Students, June 14th
- Gardening in the Courtyard, June 15th - 3:15
- Grade 4 Moving on Ceremony, June 16th at 9:30am, Cafeteria
- Grades go live in x2 for grades k to 4, June 16th after school
- Last Day of School - June 16th (half day for students - dismissal will take place at 11:45am)
Bus Registration for the 2022-23 School Year
Dear Parents and Guardians,
School bus registration for the 2022-23 school year is underway. We need to begin to collect data on riders for the fall, so efficient routes may be developed for the start of the school year.
An “early bird” payment discount is available for registrations completed by July 4, 2022.
Information pertaining to school bus transportation may be found on the Chelmsford Public Schools website at the following link:
Please see the attached flyer and registration directions for more details. It is very important that every student is registered to ride the bus regardless of if there is a fee. Prompt registration allows the transportation department to begin building routes for optimum efficiency, and if you are required to pay a fee it saves you money by registering early.
A few reminders about student transportation:
- ALL STUDENTS who desire to ride the school bus to or from school MUST REGISTER EVERY YEAR, even if they are not required to pay a fee.
- ALL REGISTRATIONS AND PAYMENTS are processed ON-LINE using MySchoolBucks
- When registering, each student must be entered separately in MySchoolBucks. This means for families with more than one child riding the bus, a registration must be completed for each child.
- MySchoolBucks will provide assistance for using their on-line registration system if needed during the registration process. MySchoolBucks support can be reached directly at (855) 832-5226.
You will need to look up each student in MySchoolBucks and add each student to your account. Looking each student up will require name and LASID or birthdate. Each student must be registered separately. New students to the district please allow 24 hours prior to registering on MySchoolBucks.
Memo - FY23 Bus 2022-2023 new bus trans flyer 5_13_22.pdf
Online Registration instructions (002).pdf
Dear South Row Families,
The end of the year is quickly approaching. Please see below for some reminders from the health office.
Medication Pick Up:
Medications can be picked up anytime on June 14th and 15th during the hours of 8:30am- 3:00pm. I will also be available for medication pick up on June 16th and 17th from 8:30am-11:00am. All medications that are not picked up by June 17th will be disposed of per the Department of Public Health regulations. Please email me if you prefer that I send your student’s epipen or inhaler home with them in their backpack.
A Message for current Grade 2 Parents:
In accordance with Massachusetts General Law, Chelmsford requires all third grade students to have a current physical on file in our health office. Please keep this in mind when making appointments over the summer for physicals. Incoming third graders should have a physical dated January 2022 to December 2022, and a copy needs to be submitted to the health office by December 2022. You can email updated physicals to me at email@example.com
As always, please feel free to reach out to me with any questions.
Playground Painting Volunteers Needed
Please visit tinyurl.com/srplaygroundmap to sign up to help on either 6/18 or our rain date of 6/26. Painting not your thing? We are also looking for one playground supervisor for each shift to cover anyone who needs to bring their kids with them. Thanks in advance!
Fourth Grade Banner
There will be a congratulatory banner for the graduating 4th graders hung in front of the school this afternoon, Friday, June 3rd. It will remain up through the rest of the school year. Students in the past have taken advantage of the banner for photos and have arranged to get together with friends for group photos. Please take advantage of the banner whenever it is convenient for you outside of school hours. Many thanks to Marguerite Lemmerman for designing our banner, and to Geskus Photography, as this is a free banner that comes with the district's school photo contract.
Check out this PDF for Suggestions for Incoming Grade 5 Summer Reading
SOUTH ROW'S PHOTOS OF THE WEEK
Future Grade 3 Engineers!
Pride Shout Outs
Care Solace - Are you in need of support?
Contact the South Row Administrative Team!
Mr. Jayson Ramalho, M.Ed.
Contact the Main Office Staff
- Mrs. Terri Gilbert, Principal: firstname.lastname@example.org, 978-251-5177 ext. 4
- Mr. Jayson Ramalho, Assistant Principal: email@example.com, 978-251-5177 ext. 3
- Mrs. Shannon Vandevoordt, School Nurse: firstname.lastname@example.org, 978-251-5177, ext.2
- Mrs. Debbie O'Neill, Secretary: email@example.com, 978-251-5177, ext. 0
- Mrs. Kim Sepe, School Clerk: firstname.lastname@example.org, 978-251-5177, ext.0
- Absentee Line: 978-251-5177 ext. 1