Kindergarten French Immersion
with Mrs. Mitchell and Mme Kim
Friday, August 19, 2016
We have had a fantastic start to the school year and really enjoying getting to know your children. Thank you everyone for coming to Curriculum Night this past Tuesday, we had a wonderful turnout!
We will send you weekly e-newsletters on Friday afternoons to give updates, reminders, and a glimpse of what we are working on in our classes. If you have problems receiving the e-newsletter, or prefer to have a printed copy, please let us know.
Mme Kim and Mrs. Mitchell
- Dismissals: Any changes in your child's afternoon dismissal must be submitted in writing or e-mail from the parent. If you plan to pick up your child early, please do so before 2:00PM.
- Homework: On Fridays, we will send homework (blue or green folder) and are due back the following Thursday.
- Behavior Charts: Beginning Monday, we will communicate about your child's behavior via e-mail, and maintain a paper chart for each student, which will be sent home on Fridays.
- Food allergies: We do have a number of students with nut and egg allergies. Please keep this in mind when sending in class snacks, and help us remind your children NOT to share their lunches with each other. We want to make sure everyone stays safe.
- Media Center: We had our first visit to the school's Media Center this week. We learned how to take very good care of our books. Students may check out one book and must return before checking out another.
- Fridays - Spirit Wear: Show your school spirit by wearing your Evansdale t-shirt on Fridays! We hope to have 100% participation.
SPECIALS SCHEDULE NEXT WEEK (@ 7:50AM)
KIM / MITCHELL
Mon (RED) - French with Mme Lewis / PE
Tues (ORANGE) - PE / PE
Wed (YELLOW) - PE / ART [Media Center @ 12:05 - return library books]
Thurs (GREEN) - Art / Music [Media Center @ 12:05]
Fri (BLUE) - Music / French with Mme Lewis