May 13, 2016
- PTA-If you are interested in helping the PTA next year send Mr. Mantz an email. We have spots still available on the board and would love fresh perspective on how PTA can serve the school and the community.
- Lunch Accounts-Beginning Monday, May 16th, students and staff with negative balances will no longer be able to charge meals. In addition, anyone with a negative balance will need to clear up their outstanding balance by the end of the month.
Field Day Donations-For the rockets that the Boy Scouts make for field day, they have asked if Freedom Families could please donate duct tape and Saran Wrap. All Donations will be appreciated!
- Library-there will be no more books checked out from the library, so Mrs. Parrish can get all books accounted for. ALL books are DUE no later than May 20th. Please help your child locate their book and remind them to turn it in before May 20th!
- Running Club-All club runners will have their Club party Tuesday, May 24th from 3:00-4:00.
- Kindergarten Graduation- This date has been scheduled for Tuesday, May 31st at 1:30 PM in the school cafeteria.
- School supply orders for the 2016-2017 school year will be taken through June 25th. See flyer for more details. FRE105 COLOR.pdf
- For information about Co-Curr Summer camp see fliers below:
- Co curr summer camp registration.pdf
- Summer Camp Flier.pdf
- Next Friday’s Co-Curr rotation is: Monday
May 14: Ms. Markham's Birthday!
May 16: Last Day of Cube Club/Mrs. Miranda is OUT!
May 16: PTA Meeting and Choir Concert @ 5:30 PM
May 19: Mrs. Jost is out ALL day/Miranda is out Afternoon
May 20: ALL Library Books Due
May 23: No Cube Club
May 24: Running Club Party
May 27: Field Day
May 30: No School
May 31st: Kindergarten Graduation at 1:30
June 2nd: Last Day of School-Early Release at Noon
What we are learning...
ELA/Phonics: We will continue to dive into Poetry and identify rhyming and rhythm in poetry. We will also begin to write short poems of our own. Click here for a fun and interactive way to write poems with your Kindergartner at home!
Readers Workshop: We will be reading various books on animals to help identify how they resemble their parents, body coverings, and what they do to help them survive within their environments.
Writer’s Workshop: We will be learning the revising step of the writing process. We will be reading our writing and going back to add more detail or sentences to make our writing stronger.
Science: Organisms and their environments: We will discuss how organisms resemble their parents and have structures and processes that help them survive within their environment.
Social Studies: We will begin our unit on Technology and media. The goal of this unit is for students to identify ways that technology can be used to benefit people and how might be different without modern technology.
Math: Subtraction subtraction subtraction! We will continue to work on subtraction and utilizing the resources below.
Videos that Teach Subtraction
Click here to go watch a video that shows how to subtract with objects!
The Subtraction sign
Click here to watch a video that shows how to use the subtraction sign
click here to play a great subtraction game with your child!
*Class splits among other classes*