T-TESS Training Timeline
Train district and campus administrators and inform all teachers about the changes in the appraisal system.
- Principals, Asst. Principals, Deans & Directors attend 3-Day training
- Copy of T-TESS certification for each appraiser must be submitted to the Human Resources Department prior to campus retreats
- All teaching staff informed bout T-TESS by March 4, 2016
- Principals may either:
- Prepare your training after attending the 3-day T-TESS training
- Register for and complete the overview so that you may prepare your own training
- Require that teachers register and complete the overview as part of the March 4th PD day after the STAAR training.
- Work in conjunction with HR Director to ensure you have the appropriate information to share as part of the overview presentation for your staff.
- Conduct T-TESS Calibration rounds by September 9, 2016 among your campus administrative staff
- Principals and Asst. principals submit and review (2) goals within the first three weeks of school with their appraiser. (Aug. 22, 2016-Sept. 9, 2016)
- Campus Retreat/August PD Sessions: Principals conduct T-TESS Training using 1/2 or full day material provided within the T-TESS portal
T-TESS Annual Appraisal Process
Dates to Remember
August 22, 2016- September 9, 2016
- Teacher self assessments and goal setting review of data to self assess, and develop professional development plans for teachers new to the district or new to T-TESS.
September 12, 2016
- Informal observations and walkthroughs can begin.
September 19-May 4
- T-TESS formal evaluation period opens
May 4, 2017
- Deadline for end-of-year conferences