April 14-15: Spring Break
Returning End of the Year Items to the Media Center
As the end of the year approaches, please go ahead and return any items with a barcode that you are no longer using. Because I am also the testing coordinator, the last 2 weeks of school I will mostly be focused on testing. If you all could help me by returning as many items as possible in the months of April and May, I would very much appreciate it.
1. Please email me if you would like to bring your students for checkout before Spring Break. I have times available today and tomorrow.
2. Next week (April 21-25) will be B Week: Computer Lab.
3. Don't forget to answer the Autism Awareness question on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
April is Poetry Month!
In April we will celebration National Poetry Month. We will celebrate by:
1) Recognizing Shel Silverstein as our author of the month.
2) Sharing poems via the annoucements.
3) Having a "Poem in My Pocket" day.
If you have any other ideas or suggestions for celebrating poetry, please email me!
Open Checkout Times This Week
If you need any additional times for your students to come to open checkout, please let me know and we can make that happen.
Instructional Technology has put together some helpful guides for how to use our new email and all its features. Access the guides here: http://www.edlinesites.net/files/_xUBfy_/730c6adcbf414bd33745a49013852ec4/Step-by-Step_Instructions_-_Office_365_final.pdf
Media Schedule: Click here to view the media schedule.
If you need me to pull books for you, use this Materials Needed Form. Please let me know about any materials you need pulled at least a full day in advance so I can be sure to have them ready for you.
If there is a book that we do not have in our collection, and you would like to recommend it for purchase, use the Book Recommendation Form.
Click to view the Media Center Needs Assessment Report.
Instructional Technology and Innovation Courses: Use this link to take a look at the courses offered.
Click here to view the Roadmap 2 Reading Minutes. There is also a bulletin board in the main hallway that charts each classes progress. Each car represents 2,000 reading minutes. The class with the most minutes at the end of the year will receive some sort of incentive (to be determined).
Road Map 2 Reading Incentives
- The Roadmap 2 Reading results can be found here. Also, a bulletin board charting each classes results is located in the main hallway. We will have some sort of incentive at the end of the year to celebrate the class that has the most reading minutes logged.
- Please give each student that turns in their reading calendar with at least 20 days completed a Book It Pizza Hut coupon.
- Students that have read for at least 20 minutes each day for 20 days or more will be invited to a monthly reading celebration.