Upper Nyack Elementary School SCOOP
News You Can Use! May 22, 2023
PLEASE SHARE YOUR INSIGHTS AS WE BUILD CONSENSUS AND CREATE SOMETHING THAT WE CAN ALL ADMIRE.
We would like our UNES DIVERSITY MURAL to make our community proud and represent the magic that is Upper Nyack. The steps leading up to this stage in the creation of our mural mockup included surveying staff, students, and parents, in addition to having our building equity team gather, review and provide their insights into the artwork. That feedback was provided to the artist and he synthesized that information to create the mockup below. After taking a look at the pictures below, please take a moment to provide positive and constructive feedback in this survey. CLICK HERE FOR THE SURVEY
The mural is set to be painted by our students in grades 3-5 from June 12-16. It will be painted on plywood and installed on the large blue wall in the back of the All Purpose Room. The mural is designed to be 8 feet high and 32 feet wide. If you look at the pictures below, the top picture is a close up view to get a sense of the details, while the bottom picture is the same but shows how it will look on the blue wall.
In order to provide feedback to the artist and allow for time to adapt, please provide feedback BEFORE THIS FRIDAY, MAY 26.
GRADES 4 & 5 SPRING CONCERT
The Music Department happily invites you to our Spring Concert for Grades 4 and 5 on Thursday, May 25, 2023 at 9:30 AM at Upper Nyack Elementary School. The performance will be in the multi-purpose room and will be in person. Please remind children to dress in black and white.
SPIRIT DAYS ARE COMING
Goosetown is Coming - Saturday 6/10 from 11am-2pm
FIELD DAY IS COMING!!
The staff and students of the Upper Nyack Elementary School would like to invite you to join us on Friday, June 2nd for our annual Field Day. (Rain Date - Monday, June 5) We ask that you send your child to school that day wearing their designated team color which will be communicated by teachers when the date approaches. You are invited to come and watch your child compete in events at the upper field behind the school.
The schedule is as follows:
- 9:00 AM Opening Ceremonies & Parade
- 9:30 - 11:00 AM Events for students in Kindergarten, 1st, and 2nd grades
- 11:15 - 12:00 PM Lunch for grades K, 1, and 2
- 12:05 - 12:50 PM Lunch for grades 3, 4, and 5
- 1:00 - 2:45 PM Events for students in 3rd, 4th, and 5th grades
5th Grade Graduation and Kindergarten Moving Up
Due to space limitations, we will only be able to accommodate 2 people per student at these events. Soon, you'll be receiving two tickets to your child's event in backpack mail. We are sorry that we cannot accommodate more people, but space simply will not allow us to exceed two tickets per student.
As we know that sometimes grandparents and other loved ones wish to see the ceremony, we are working hard to make arrangements to livestream the event. More info to come soon.
Summer Camp Offerings
St. Thomas Aquinas STEAM Camps
ARCHIVES ON OUR WEBSITE
Mark Your Calendars!
- Tuesday, May 23 - Busy Bridge Presentation in gymnasium @ 9:15 (K-2 ONLY)
- Thursday, May 25 - Grades 4 & 5 Concert
- Saturday, June 3 - African American Day Parade and Festival
- Tuesday, June 6 - 2nd Grade Trip to Bear Mountain
- Tuesday, June 6 - SENIOR CLAP OUT 9-9:15am
- Tuesday, June 6 - 5th Grade Greatest Showman Talent Show @ 6:30pm in APR
- Wednesday, June 7 - Grade 4 Learning in the Parks field trip to Hook Mountain
- Thursday, June 8 - 5th Grade DARE graduation in the gymnasium @ 9:30am
- Friday, June 9 - Grade 3 Concert in APR at 9:30am
- Saturday, June 10 - Goosetown Block Party
- Sunday, June 11 - Rockland PRIDE parade
- Monday June 12 - Grade 5 Field Trip to Kruckers
- Monday, June 12 - Fractured Fairytale Performance for grades K-2 in APR
- Tuesday, June 13 - Fractured Fairytale Performance for parents in APR