Oh! The Places You'll Go!
2015-2016 LVES Weekly Staff Newsletter
Week of May 9 - May 13, 2016
- 2nd Grade will go to specials from 7:55-8:45 on Monday and Tuesday
- Computer Labs A and B, all 4th/3rd grade classrooms, Science Lab, Library, Evan's Room, Conference Room, Box's Office and Room 305 will be testing rooms
- Please keep hallways quiet during transition times, especially the main hallway
- Teachers will need to be on lunch duty all week
- Please do not send students to office for behavior referrals unless it's a Level 3 offense (we will be testing in the office)
I think that is it for reminders. Thank you to everyone for being flexible!
- In order to get an accurate reading level, please follow all of the directions in the DRA manual or DRA Quick Reference sheet that Joanne sent out earlier.
- When you enter the data into Eduphoria, please enter the student's INDEPENDENT level (not Instructional or Frustrational level).
Thank you for your help in keeping the DRAs consistent and accurate! If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask:-)
EOY Screener Windows
- May 2 - 27: EOY DRAs on all students (K-4)
- May 9 - 13: Math APAs (K-2)
- May 16 - 17: Math Screeners (K-3)
Remember that we use this information to help divide and balance classes for the following year. Tasha, Joanne and Rachel will see Title 1 students until May 13th. Joanne and Rachel will complete DRAs on all of the students they see in Title 1. Tasha will also input all of your APA and Math Screener data.
The light is at the end of the tunnel!
Student Placement Cards
Summer School Invites
Ocean Week is coming soon...
May 23-27, 2016
Opening Ceremony – Friday, May 20, 2016 at 1:45:
Possible ideas: 2nd Grade Reader’s Theatre; Hernandez will sing a Jellyfish song; Kinder sing, lay out, Animoto slide as classes come in
Hallways: Animal and research up, with no backdrops, by Wednesday, May 25th
Kinder: Habitat – Pond
1st Grade: Habitat – Rocky Seashore
2nd Grade: Habitat – Sandy Beach
3rd Grade: Habitat – Wetlands
4th Grade: Habitat – Kelp Forest
Monday – Touch Tanks for 3rd and 4th grade; Fish Rubbings for K-2 (in specials); 3rd grade dissection (mussels – Voisinet will pick up) (Jackson will come up with schedule for Touch Tanks – both days)
Tuesday – Touch Tanks for K-2nd; 3rd and 4th grade on Field Trip
Wednesday – Fishing/Casting for K-3; Dissections for 4th grade
Thursday – Bubbles for K-4 and Blubber (3rd grade and GT) (1st grade going on Field Trip) (Womack will come up with schedule)
Learning Showcase from 5:30-7:00 pm; Scavenger Hunt with seashells as a prize (Jackson will send out scavenger hunt questions)
Friday – Hawaiian Shirt Day and Closing ceremony
Closing ceremony is May 27, 2016 at 1:45 pm. Will include:
Slide show with pictures from the week. Performance by 1st grade. 2 students from each grade level who will give a brief description of what they learned during Ocean Week.
Pictures from the week emailed to Marie throughout the week
Spring Time Reminders
Still going to keep this in here until the end...
Spring has sprung, and we are in the home stretch, so let's end strong!
Warmer weather means students are dressing in shorts, skirts and tank tops. Please make sure that you are enforcing the dress code with your students. Shorts/skirts must be fingertip length, and tank tops are permitted. Halter tops, spaghetti straps and strapless tops are not permitted. If a student is out of dress code, please have them go to the nurse to change. I have put dress code reminders in the parent newsletter as well.
Please be you are actively monitoring on the playground. Teachers should be positioned at separate points around the playground for optimal supervision.
Learning is still occurring until 11:30 on June 2nd, so make sure that you are sticking to your regular schedule throughout the day. May is pretty packed with activities!
2016-2017 Staff Shirts
Weekly Attendance Goal
Getting closer to our goal:-)
- Katie Dachowski - May 11th
- Lori Outlaw - May 12th
- Marie Simons - May 13th
We hope you have a wonderful birthday Katie, Lori, and Marie!
Mark Your Calendar - be sure to add "Elementary Staff Calendar"
- May 9th - STAAR Math test for all 3rd and 4th Grade Students - limited visitors please
- May 10th - STAAR Reading test for all 3rd and 4th Grade Students - limited visitors please
- May 9th and 10th - Math APAs for K-2 Grades
- May 10th - Life Skills Field Trip to Hill Country Science Mill
- May 10th - 2nd Grade Field Trip to Sweet Berry Farms
- May 12th - All student library books are due to library
- May 13th - Volunteer Brunch
- May 13th - PTO Mother/Son Rock Around The Clock Sock Hop, 7:00-9:00 pm
- May 16th - Tier 3 Meetings
- May 16th and 17th - Math Screeners (K-3)
- May 18th - 4th Grade Field Trip to Symphony
- May 20th - Field Day for 3rd and 4th Grades
- May 20th - Ocean Week Opening Ceremonies - 2:00 pm in cafeteria
- May 23rd - 27th - OCEAN WEEK 2016
- May 23rd - 27th - Class Placement during PLCs (all K-4 grades)
- May 24th - 4th Grade Field Trip to Inner Space Caverns
- May 24th - 3rd Grade Field Trip to Balcones Canyonland
- May 26th - 1st Grade Field Trip to Crowe's Nest Farms
- May 26th - Learning Showcase, 5:30-7:00 pm
- May 27th - Grades are due
- May 27th - DRAs due in Eduphoria
- May 30th - Memorial Day Holiday, No School for Students and Staff
- June 1st - Early Dismissal at 11:30, no pm PPCD or pm Pre-K classes
- June 1st - Faculty vs. 3rd Grade Kick Ball Game, 8:30 am
- June 2nd - Last Day of School, Early Dismissal at 11:30, no pm PPCD or pm Pre-K classes
- June 2nd - Farewell Walk for 3rd and 4th Grade Students, 11:00 am
- June 2nd - Faculty vs. 4th Grade Kick Ball Game, 8:30 am