- served as U.S. secretary of state
- was a U.S. senator from New York
- First Lady of the United States
- her husband, Bill Clinton, was the president
- ran for president in 2008 but lost to Barack Obama.
- She has a law degree from Yale University
- She became the first woman in U.S. history to be chosen by a major political party as its candidate for president
- She attended Yale Law School
- She graduated with honors in 1973
- The National Law Journal named her one of the 100 most powerful lawyers in America.
- Bill Clinton named her to head the Task Force on National Health Reform
- Clinton became a U.S. senator
- She was the first wife of a president to be elected to a public office
- Clinton dropped out of the race when it became clear that Barack Obama would be the Democratic choice for president.
- Clinton talks about many issues that are important to her. She wants to lower student debt, the amount of money students owe for their college education. She wants to improve health care. Women's rights are also important to her.
- She used to be against gay marriage, but now she supports it
- She is also in favor of the death penalty but says it should only be used in rare cases.
- Clinton is the first woman in the 240-year history of the country to be chosen as the presidential candidate for a major political party.
- The Democratic candidate's key proposal is to make public college and universities tuition-free for families earning up to $125,000.
- She wants to make community college free for everyone.
- She also wants the government to help graduates pay back student loans.
- She has proposed raising taxes on wealthy Americans to pay for these policies.
Here are some of her ideas for K-12 schools:
- Invest more money in early-childhood education, including preschool for all 4-year-old in the United States.
- Pay teachers more, and give them more opportunities for professional development.
- Provide money to help public school systems across the country rebuild schools in need of repair and modernization
Here are some of Trump’s other ideas:
- a wealthy businessman who made his fortune in real estate
- has not held a political office
- he entered Fordham University, in New York. Two years later, he went to the University of Pennsylvania
- Trump boasted, "I will be the greatest jobs president that God ever created.” He said many things and some were not very nice.
- He insulted Mexicans, women, disabled people and Muslims.
- He said he would stop Muslims from moving to the United States. He said they were responsible for terror attacks.
- Several of his campaign events became violent and some people said he did not try to stop the fights.
- Trump promised that he would defend the right to own a gun in the United States.
- He would also reduce taxes and cancel President Barack Obama's healthcare law, which is called Obamacare and gives health insurance to millions of people.
- Trump also said he would build a wall between the United States and Mexico to stop people from entering the country without permission.
- He became the first Republican candidate to talk about lesbian, gay, transgender and bisexual Americans at the party's convention.
- Trump says the federal government will pay $20 billion in his first year as president to pay for this policy, if the states contribute another $110 billion.
Here are some of Trump’s other ideas:
- Improve education but spend less on it. Trump has pointed out that the U.S. spends more per student almost any than any other major country without getting the same achievement results.
- Work with Congress to ensure that universities are doing their part to make higher education more affordable and reduce the amount of student debt.
- Provide opportunities for young people to attend and pay for two- or four-year colleges, or to acquire vocational training or technical education.
My chose is...
My chose is Hillary Clinton because she has a lot of experience in government and I feel like she knows what she is doing. Since Donald Trump doesn't has any experience and I feel like he would probably do something wrong. He is judges Muslims because he said they were responsible for terror attacks. Now I get why Trump wouldn't let Muslims move to the U.S. but I think people should probably make sure they don't have any weapons or anything. Not all Muslims attack people. Hillary Clinton is in favor for a death penalty but only for rare cases. I don't think we should have a death penalty. For the people who do really bad things that deserve the death penalty should just go to jail for a really long time or a death sentence. As you can see, I vote for Hillary Clinton. If you don't think Hillary is right for president I totally respect that.