The infinite life of Pi
- Pi has been around for 250 years.
- In the Greek alphabet π is the sixteenth letter and P is also the sixteenth letter in the English alphabet.
- Pi day is on March 14 because 3.14 ( third month, fourteenth day) and it officially starts at 1:59pm because 3.14159. Albert Einsteins birthday is also the same day at Pi day.
- Pi has been studied for 4000 years longer than
- Evolution biology.
- Impressionest art.
- weither #TheDress is gold or blue.
- Pi has 6.4 billion known digits, it could take 133 years to recite with out stopping.
- 10348/33215 is the most accurate fraction of pi and is equal to 00000001050%.
- There are no zeros in the first 31 digits of Pi.
- In 1706, another mathematician named John Machin developed a refinement on Gregory's formula, yielding the formula still used today by computer programmers to compute pi:
- A British mathematician William Jones in 1706, who wrote pi- 3.14159
- In 1761 Lambert proved that Pi is a irrational number.
- In 1882 Lindeman proved that Pi can not be the root of any algerbraic equation. Ancient Egyptians calculated the area of a circle by the following formula (where d is the diameter of the circle):
- Using this formula, an Englishman named William Shanks calculated pi to 707 places, a labor of many years, which he published in 1873
- This symbol was adopted by Euler in 1737 and became the standard symbol for pi.