What is Methamphetamine?
what is the definition of methamphetamine?
A chemical drug with more rapid and lasting effects.
Can you get addicted to Meth?
Yes infact Meth use can quickly lead to addiction. This is when a person seeks out the drug over and over, even after they try and want to stop. This includes even when it has damaged their health and other parts in their life.
what is meth made of?
Meth is made of a chemical used to dissolve gunk in clogged sink drains, fertilizer, metal used in rechargeable batteries, paint thinner, over the counter cold medicine, and other poisonous and strange ingredients.
How long do the effects of Meth last?
When Meth is taken by mouth it may last 6 to 8 hours. When Meth is smoked it can last about 10 to 12 hours.
How meth can be used/What forms does meth comes in
Meth can be smoked, swallowed, chopped up and snorted, or melted and injected into the body. Meth comes in a crystal type of form called "Crystal Meth". Meth can also be formed into a white pill.
- Ice Cream
What are some health hazards meth can cause
Meth can increase adrenaline in our body making you think that you have a great burst of energy. After the meth has worn off the users will fall asleep for a long period of time. Body temperature will rise and if users use meth to much they will go through extreme weight loss. Meth can also cause strokes and heart attacks. Some long term effects meth has on users is sleeping, anxiety, confusion, mood swings, changes in how the brain works, and violent behavior.
How Does Methamphetamine Affect the Brain?
It can lead to addiction and some chronic diseases. The brain can make your body think that you can only run on meth.
Can Meth kill you?
Yes it is possible. It can raise your body temperature enough that you will pass out. If this is not treated quickly it can cause death. You could also die from a heart attack or stroke because of the effects Meth has on the body.
Is methamphetamine a prescription drug?
It is a drug that doctors prescribe that cannot be refilled like other medicines/drugs. It is very rarely used as a prescription drug.
Contact the following for help
- "Des Moines Crystal Meth Addiction Treatment Programs." Des Moines Crystal Meth Addiction Treatment Centers and Rehab Programs. N.p., n.d. Web. 06 Apr. 2016.
- "ADDICTION TREATMENT CENTERS IN CEDAR RAPIDS, IOWA." Cedar Rapids, IA Rehab Centers and Addiction Treatment. N.p., n.d. Web. 06 Apr. 2016.
- "Methamphetamine." NiDA For Teens. N.p., n.d. Web. 6 Apr. 2016.
- Burlingame, Jeff. Crystal Meth. New York: Marshall Cavendish, 2014. Print.
- Norquist, Lara, and Frank Spalding. The Truth about Methamphetamine and Crystal Meth. New York: Rosen Pub., 2012. Print.