ICEF Academic Newsletter
November 15, 2015
Welcome to Week 14!
November 17 - Time Off and New Payroll System Training
November 18 - NO Cadre Meetings (PE Still meeting!)
November 19 - Directors' Meeting
November 30 - Data Day
Instructional Focus - 3.2B - Cognitive Level of Students' Experiences?
- Who is carrying the cognitive load?
- Who is doing all the talking?
- Is the lesson at the appropriate level of students' ZPD?
News, Helpful Hints, and Reminders
From the Academic Team -
- On Tuesday, November 17, Paychex will be conducting three trainings for the Payroll System - 9:30AM, 11:00AM, and 1:00PM. Directors and SOM's must attend. The training lasts approximately 1 hour and takes place in the Home Office Downstairs Conference Room.
- On Wednesday, November 18, from 8:30AM-11:00AM Synergy Academies will be hosting a Let's Trade Secrets Workshop, focused on Organized Play at Recess and Lunch at its co-located campus at Quincy Jones Elementary School in Los Angeles. If you are interested in attending, please email Rhonda Deomampo at rdeomampo@WeAreSynergy.org.
- On Saturday, November 21, the Creative Planet School of the Arts is hosting a liquidation sale from 8:00AM-3:00PM. The school is closing down and has numerous items for sale, including classroom furniture, literacy sets, and musical instruments. Don't miss out!
8am - 3pm
Creative Planet School of the Arts
4428 N. Stewart Ave.
Baldwin Park, CA 91706
- To avoid the January-April crunch, it is in your best interest to have at least 1-2 Informal Observations conducted in Teachboost by December.
Please continue to contact Stephen Bisuano and Kene Washington, and cc Marie and Ryan for all SPED inquiries and support.
The November Compliance Calendar has been sent out! Please refer to an email sent this week from Enrique.
From Our Development and Communications Team:
ICEF now has a new Social Media policy! Please click on the Resources Link below to read the policy (and if you want to review any other existing policies!).
When purchasing school supplies, items for the holidays, etc., please consider using AmazonSmile (https://smile.amazon.com/) where a portion of your sale is donated back to ICEF.
If you haven't yet completed the TEF survey, please click below and do so!
Check us out on Social Media!
Celebrations and Worth Noticing!
Congratulations to all those who came out for the Middle School Girls Volleyball Tournament! What a great community event! Special shout outs to Ryan Gomez, Robert Ambers and Michel Schneider for putting it together and to all those who came out to volunteer! Great work!!!
Check out Nia Toliver, Sports Illustrated HS Athlete of the Month! http://fi360news.com/sports-illustrateds-hs-athlete-of-the-month/