Costa Ricas Foods and Dances
Lunch- For lunch they mostly eat cascades which consists of beans and rice. This usually is served with a meat or fish.
Dinner- Arroz con pollo is a typical dinner for costs Ricans, this is made up of rice and chicken along with a side of vegetables. Seafood is also a common dinner food.
Folkloric- The men and women dance with traditional clothing. The men gather around the women in a circle and dance around in a circle while the girls flare their skirts and wave. The instruments used are a oboe and a string bow.
Contemporary- This dance is used to really express how the Costa Ricans are. Ballet is one that has become very popular especially In the younger people in Costa Rica. It shows both balance and coordination.
Recipes Gallo Pinto
- 1 lb. (450 gr.) Black beans. Fresh are best but most likely you'll find them dried.
- 8-10 sprigs cilantro (coriander leaf) fresh
- 1 small or medium onion
- 1/2 small red or yellow sweet pepper (optional)
- 3 cups (700 ml) of water
- 2 cups (350 ml) white rice
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) salt
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) vegetable oil
- 1-3 Tablespoon oil to fry the Gallo Pinto