Updates and Reminders
January 12, 2023
A Few Highlights!
1. Our schools will be closed on Friday, January 13 for Professional Development activities for our teachers and staff. In addition, our schools will be closed on Monday, January 16 in observation of Martin Luther King, Jr. Day. Please refer to the 22-23 academic calendar below and plan accordingly!
2. The labor shortage has impacted our school bus transportation department. We have needed to consolidate bus routes, may need to consolidate further, and may need to eliminate routes. We will need all families to prepare accordingly for alternative transportation in an emergency situation and potentially long-term. We will continue to explore other opportunities associated with school bus transportation (bus driver recruiting, walking zones, parent transportation, etc.). Your cooperation and understanding are appreciated and expected. Please consider joining our transportation team as a bus driver and/or passing along the opportunity to others. The application process and paid training information are available on our website.
3. Please click on the buttons below for additional information. We aim to keep you informed!
Most Recent Information
- Vacancy Posting - School Board Member - Liberty Township Resident
- School Board Meeting Summary, January 11, 2023
- 2022 Academic Achievement Data Presentation
- 2023 Budget Adoption
- A Guide to School Delays and Closings
- Akron in Action Study Visit - 3E grant and Ford NGL
- Employment opportunities. Please consider serving our school district by joining our team as a substitute teacher, bus driver, or substitute bus driver. We need YOU! Please spread the word!
- Facility Study by Lancer+Beebe
- 2022 Guaranteed Saving Project Highlights
- Child Nutrition Updates
- 2022-23 School Immunizations
- MC Plus Information
- Quick Links to Maintain Communication!
- 2022-23 Academic Calendar - Approved 6/9/21
- 2023-24 Academic Calendar - Approved 6/8/22
4. The MCCSC School Board meetings will be held at the Administrative Services Center, 6631 S. CR 200 W, Clayton, IN 46118. The monthly meetings will be held on the second Wednesday of each month beginning at 6:00 pm.
With the resignation of Robert Kehrein, the MCCSC school board welcomes applicants from a resident in Liberty Township. Please refer to the Vacancy Posting for more information! Thanks to Robert for his 8 years of service!
Our school board approved the recommended 2023 budget revisions!
Please share with others who may be looking for employment, part-time or full time. Four hours per day with an excellent hourly wage and benefits for our bus drivers! https://www.mccsc.k12.in.us/employment/opportunities/available_positions
Updates from our partners at Aramark including breakfast & lunch prices, free/reduced lunch application, and payment portal!
MC East Movie Night
Our Eagles gathering together for some family fun!
Our Amazing Principals
Ann Mennonno, Kale Blickenstaff, Brant Donovan, and Celina Clements at the IASP conference!
Carpet Time at MC West
Smiles and collaboration galore!
The MCCSC Plan for COVID-19
Our Guiding Principles
- Adapting personal behaviors to ensure everyone's health.
- Respecting the necessity of some inconveniences and forego some favored activities.
- Demonstrating flexibility and resilience to adapt to the fluid situation.
Symptomatic individuals should isolate/quarantine per CDC/IDOH/HCHD. Please report absences to our schools and follow the guidance of your medical provider.
Please click on the buttons below for additional information. Be in the KNOW!
School Board Approved 6-8-22 Besides a few clarifications, we will operate very similar to our second semester of the 21-22 school year.
CHS "National Blue Ribbon School" and CMS "Schools to Watch"
Cascade High School - 2018 National Blue Ribbon Recipient
Cascade Middle School - 2021 AMLEA Recipient!
2020 - IMLEA Recipient
LCPS - Inaugural Year 2019
Please click on the following links to enjoy some of the best aspects of Mill Creek Community School Corporation. We have successes galore and the pursuit of EXCELLENCE in all of our programs continues!
Thanks for all you do to provide support, insistence, and high expectations!
We are small schools . . . BIG OPPORTUNITIES!
We are ...
- "A" rated school corporation
- "A" rated schools
- Four Star Schools
- eLearning School Corporation
- Riley Children's Foundation Miracle School Corporation
- Cascade High School - 2018 National Blue Ribbon School Recipient
- Cascade Middle School - 2020 Schools to Watch Recipient
Jim Diagostino, Ed.S.
Mill Creek Community School Corporation
Excellence in Achievement, Attitude, and Actions
Small Schools . . . BIG OPPORTUNITIES