Presidential Job Fair
Created by Kalyn Becker and Sophie Harr
- Must be at least 35 years of age
- Must be a resident of the United States for 14 years
- Must be a natural born citizen
- Salary of $400,000 year
- Benefits include large staff: Chefs, Butlers, and Doctors, benefits also include housing in the White House, health and retirement benefits, special tax deductions, fleet of cars, Secret Service protection and private plane along with travel.
10 Constitutional Powers Granted
- Commander in Chief
- Commission all military officers of the United States
- Make treaties with advice and consent of the Senate ( Diplomatic)
- Receive Ambassadors
- Appoint ambassadors, federal judges, and Supreme Court Justices(Judicial/ Legislative)
- Deliver the annual State of the Union address
- Call either or both houses of Congress into special session
- Ensure that all laws passed by Congress are carried out
- Appoints heads of executive departments (Executive)
- The cabinet is an advisory group chosen by the President to carry out the work of the executive branch. Includes 15 Dept. Heads, VP, and 7 other advisors. (Executive)
Most Important Power
Your Six Hats You Will Wear
How We Would Solve the ISIS Problem ( Major Issue of 2016)
Roles of President Guided Questions
1. The current president belongs to the Democratic Party
2. A sitting president can work on his behalf of his party by choosing leading party members to serve in his cabinet
3. The president can continue to work on his behalf by traveling to MN where he/she can speak about a party nominee
1. A benefit about having a civilian who is an elected official is that the commander in chief might have second thoughts about bombing other cities who have civilians and civilian families.
2. A drawback about having a civilian be commander in chief is that some situations might involve personal experiences that might sway an important decision.
1. Some recent executive orders that have impacted the state of nation is that they have lifted the ban on stem cell research.
2. Article 2 section 1
Chief of State:
1. President Obama has recently flown to San Berdino California to help and give a speech about the recent terror attract that occurred there.
2. The president can play a role as chief of state during wartime by visiting the graves of recent fallen soldiers and their families and go to army bases to get their input on the war
1. The White House has recently hosted the leader of Sierra Leone, Ernest Bai Koroma. The president has recently visited Paris, France. The motivation behind this visit was the recent Paris Terror attacts.
2. Traditional allies are France and Great Britian, they still have strong relationships.
1. One piece of legislation that the president has pushed through congress has been his healthcare act, ObamaCare.
2. He has pushed his plan by forcing the bitterly fought healthcare reform bill through congress and bringing almost universal coverage to Americans.