Bertram Family Connection
April 27th, 2020
Although we are away from the school building, we are already thinking about and starting our planning processes for next year. We would like for parents to share their input about how your child learns best in the All About My Child for 2020-2021 form below. Your input will be read and taken into consideration as we form classes for next year.
The work collection drop box located at Bertram Elementary is set up and ready to accept completed student work. It is located at the front doors labeled Administration. Please be sure each page that is turned in is labeled with your child's name, teacher's name, and campus. This will ensure that it gets back to the correct person. Additional return stations are located at the Grab & Go Lunch Locations around BCISD
Alicia Harris, Principal
Parents please complete this form to provide input to help meet the educational needs of your child as we create balanced classes for next year. The form will be available until May 8th, 2020.
Bertram Elementary School Building Closed through May 22nd. All events during the school day and after school have been cancelled through the end of the school year.
Week of May 4th: Last new choice boards
Week of May 11th: Last Week of Google Meets
May 14th: Progress Reports issued for all students
May 15th: Virtual Class Parties & Last day of Google Meets
Week of May 18th: Student Supply Pick Up & Return (Specific Day & Details To Come)
Click here to get a direct link to each group and instructions for how to join.
Expectations for School At Home
- Attend 2 Google Meets by internet or by phone (Email your teacher if you are unable to do this and she will help set up something that works for you)
- Complete the Paw Print square on the choice board this week will be used for assessment. If you are needing to make choices about what your child accomplishes for school, please prioritize the PAW PRINT square.
- For extra practice, complete one activity each day from each subject area on your choice boards
- New choice boards will be posted to the district website on Fridays.
- Reach out to your teacher for any questions you might have.
This document is full of resources for helping children and support for parents while at home. There are several activities that can assist with managing worry, anxiety, and mental health for both children and adults.
Helpful Websites & Technology Videos
Elementary Distance Dawgs - This is where choice boards are posted each week.
Video: How to Join a Google Meet
Workout with Coach Reid!
This Week's Fine Arts lesson with Mr. Roberts
Free Wifi Locations
The District has compiled the attached map to provide information about WiFi hotspots available for use by students in and around the District during the COVID-19 school closure. The hotspots listed are provided by a mix of BCISD, local businesses, a partnership between Marble Falls ISD and Llano ISD, and other local organizations.
Each number on the map represents a hotspot location and the matching entry in the legend includes the address and connection information if it is needed to connect.
We appreciate the businesses and organizations allowing our students to connect in a location closer to their home than our campuses. This service will allow students with limited or no internet connection to park in the mapped location and connect without leaving their vehicle, allowing them to maintain proper social distancing while taking advantage of the connection to complete their schoolwork.
- Student’s Report Card
- Attendance Record (physical or electronic)
- Birth Certificate (can be used for any child under 18 yrs. old)
- Student ID (Any District-provided ID card, including Athletic Passes, etc.)
- Car Rider Pro Tag
We will be updating this page as we get information from local agencies and charities.
Contact Us During the Closure
You can also email the campus leadership team at the email addresses below.
- Alicia Harris, Principal, email@example.com
- Angela Schreiber, Assistant Principal, at firstname.lastname@example.org, Please call Ms. Schreiber if you need help connecting with your child's teacher, help with technology, or if you need help accessing community resources at 512-763-0382.
- Ann Marie Wyatt, counselor, at email@example.com.
We will strive to return email within 24 business hours.
Click here to log into Skyward Family Access and view your child's 5th Six Weeks Report Cards.