CSA Lincoln Newsletter
Principal's Notes and Highlights
We returned this afternoon from the Husky Hideaway. This overnight trip is an opportunity for sixth grade students to build relationships with peers and have some fun. I've included a link with quite a few pictures and video from the trip!
I've also included several important notes and updates about upcoming events. Many have expressed an interest in our plans for the solar eclipse on August 21st and you can find the details below.
- Monday's Fire Drill- This past Monday, the motor from a blower caused a smoke smell in the school. We evacuated the building and the fire department was called. The BCSC maintenance department worked until almost 10pm on Monday to replace the 600 pound motor and install a new one. As a staff, we debriefed this past Wednesday. I am pleased with our response and how well things went. We owe several groups (Columbus Fire Department, Columbus Police Department, Central Middle School, BCSC administration, BCSC maintenance, our staff, students and parents) appreciation for their support. One parent shared that their daughter loved all the excitement. In the end, everyone was safe and that is all that matters!
- Morning Drop-Off: Please use the car-line to drop your student off in the morning. We have had a couple parents drop and go from the street. This is extremely dangerous!
- Morning Arrival: Please wait until 7:30 a.m. to drop your student off at school in the morning (unless they are in iCare). Teachers are not on duty until that time and your student will be unsupervised.
- Spirit Wear Order Forms and money are due back on Monday, August 21st. See Miss Sparks if you need an order form.
- Welcome Back Packets are due back in the office at this time. Please send in with your student by Tuesday of next week.
- School Picture Day is Tuesday, August 22nd. Order forms will be coming home on Monday.
- PTO Meet & Greet- Please see the included flyer about this fun event and learn how you can get involved at school!
Have a great weekend!
Solar Eclipse Party!
The safety of students and staff is our priority. Everyone outside at the party will be required to wear the protective viewers. If you do not want your student to participate they can stay inside and we will have an activity for them. It is the parent's responsibility to notify the teacher if they do not want their student to participate in the party.
I would also encourage you to review the American Astronomical Society's list of ISO compliant safety glasses vendors if you plan to purchase these for your family. Unfortunately, there are several vendors who are selling glasses that are not ISO compliant. We purchased ours viewers from approved vendors Astronomers Without Borders and AmericanEclipseUSA.com.
Husky Gram Winners
Save the Date- September 21st- CSA Lincoln 50th Anniversary Celebration
First Grade Gardeners
Be a Substitute Teacher for CSA Lincoln Elementary!
BARTHOLOMEW CONSOLIDATED SCHOOL CORPORATION
Apply At The
1200 Central Avenue Columbus, Indiana
MONDAY Thru FRIDAY
8:00 a.m. To 4:00 p.m.
Contact Linda Denninger 376-4234
CSA Lincoln on Instagram/Facebook/Twitter
Facebook: CSA Lincoln Community
Please share The Linden Project #celebratecolumbus video on Facebook!
WHAT IF WE NEEDED YOU TO KNOW...
WHAT IF there was an EMERGENCY? WHAT IF we needed to GET INFORMATION TO YOU? This is a QUICK and EASY way to communicate needed information TO YOU!
Click here to join the CSA Lincoln group.
Click here for directions on how to receive text message updates from Mr. Findley
Feel free to contact me if you have any questions!