Mustang Tidbits from Room 304 & 306
Standards We Are Focusing On:
- Identify persons in authority in the school or community.
- Identify a public agency that offers services (post office, police and fire departments, etc.)
- Participate in a supported volunteer activity.
- Actively participate in supported reading of literature forms, including chapter books, biographies, poems, fiction and nonfiction works that have adapted to student ability level.
- When presented with illustrations of a character or an event from one story, select a matching character or event from a similar story.
- Participate in conversational exchanges using communication technology and picture supports.
- Communicate basic information on a topic or experience using communication technology and picture supports.
- Participate in creating multimedia components to support a presentation.
- Communicate by using supported modes of expression.
- Given error-less choices of pictures make a selection to communicate facts on a given topic.
- Count a set of objects in an addition or subtraction problem through an active participation response.
- Select a number within a math problem.
- Select numbers and count within a two-step problem in the context of a real world scenario.
- Actively participate in a scientific process related to grades 9-12 science topics.
- Identify the sun.
- Point to an item that can be recycled or reused.
- Communication: Demonstrate effective communication skills and strategies within school and community activities.
- Employability: Demonstrate effective personal skills and characteristics that affect employability potential.
- Self-Advocacy: Demonstrate skills, behaviors and attitudes to responsibly plan and advocate for personal goals.
Hobbies and Interests: Mr. Frederick likes to golf, fish and go camping. He is an avid fan of the Browns, Indians and Cavs. He thoroughly enjoys watching the smoke roll out of his Big Green Egg Grill. His favorite things to make on his grill are pizzas, brisket, skirt steak and hanger steak. If he's not around the grill he's in the garden, doing yard work or at one of his daughters events and activities.
She taught for the past 2 years at Wickliffe High School. This is her first year here at Strongsville and she is very excited to be here!
Hobbies and Interests: She loves to run and a year ago ran a half marathon. She also loves to cook, bake, and read in her spare time. She's known to bake a mean Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookies and Truffles. If Ms. Rubenstein loves to travel and would one day like to travel abroad. She spends her free time at Indians games, Cavs games or down at Playhouse Square.