The SPIRIT of SKS
Saint Kateri School's Newsletter - March 14, 2022
Hello Saint Kateri School families ~
In March and April our 3rd, 4th and 5th grade students will be participating in NYS ELA and Math Assessments. These tests do not factor into Report Card grades but they do provide a common measure that helps drive instructional practice of our teachers. This year the the ELA and Math test will be held on two consecutive days. The ELA assessment will be held on Tuesday, March 29th and Wednesday, March 30th and the Math assessment will be held on Tuesday, April 26th and Wednesday, April 27th. These tests continue to be untimed and will begin at 9:00am on the day of the test. Please feel free to contact myself or your child's teacher with any questions.
Thank you for all you do for SKS and our students ~ our families are the heart of SKS!
Mrs. Terri L. Morgan, Principal
Phone: (585) 467-8730
School Uniform Reminders
For example under Girls socks:
- "white or navy blue socks (must be visible and cover the ankle), knee socks, ankle socks or tights". There is nothing stated about leggings ~ if a girl would like to wear leggings under their jumper or skirt, they will need to be navy blue. This will be updated in next year's Uniform Policy document.
Scholarships and Financial Aid
STATIONS OF THE CROSS
Stations of the Cross dates (all on Fridays):
- March 4
- March 11
- March 18
- March 25
- April 4
- No school on April 8 and April 15
Upcoming Calendar Dates:
- 3/15: Quiet Mass (4th/1st)
- 3/16: NO SCHOOL (Parent/Teacher Conference-not mandatory)
- 3/18: Stations of the Cross at 8:45am (5th grade)
- 3/22: Quiet Mass (3rd/K)
- 3/25: Stations of the Cross at 8:45am (5th grade)
- 3/29: No Quiet Mass
- 3/29 - 3/30: NYS ELA Assessments
- 4/1: Stations of the Cross at 8:45am (5th grade)
- 4/5: K-5 School Mass (2nd grade)
- 4/6: Parent's Association 6:00-7:30pm
- 4/8: NO SCHOOL
- 4/12: Quiet Mass (3rd - 5th)
- 4/14: Report Cards go home
- 4/15 - 4/22: NO SCHOOL - Easter Break
- 4/26 - 4/27: NYS Math Assessments
PARENT’S ASSOCIATION 2021-2022
We will be having our next Parent's Association Meeting:
- Wednesday, April 6th
- In-Person in the SKS Gym (Please note: this is an update from our original schedule)
- All are welcome ~ please RSVP to Katie Stam at email@example.com
- Be CASE trained prior to volunteering (process can take up to two weeks)
- On March 2nd the mask mandate in schools was lifted. Masks are no longer required in school or school events unless there has been prior notification. We will continue to follow our other 2021-2022 COVID guidelines ~ social distancing and hand wash/sanitize frequently. (These guidelines are subject to change as guidance is updated.)
- Be fully vaccinated or show proof of a negative COVID test
News from Mrs. Trimaldi in the Health Office
- If you are sending in a picture of an At Home COVID test, please be sure to write directly on the test the name, date and time.
- We have extra At Home Test Kits for any family that would like them. Please contact Mrs. Trimaldi directly to have them sent home or picked up.
- Schools received guideline updates late on Tuesday. We will share communication next week regarding anything that pertains to our school.