By: Jordan , Jazz , Kell ,
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Fresh water biome
- Freshwater vs. Saltwater
- Fresh water biome locations (map)
- Human Influences
What is Freshwater Biome ?
Saltwater vs. Freshwater
The main difference between salt water andfresh water is the salinity content. Both contain salt or sodium chloride, but fresh water contains only small amounts of salt. The earth's oceans and seas are saltwaterecosystems, while lakes, rivers, streams, marshes and ponds are freshwaterecosystems.
- Freshwater biomes are lakes, ponds, rivers and streams
- Moving bodies of water are called rivers and streams. They mostly come from mountains, ground water and melting ice.
- Ponds are small bodies of water surrounded by land. Lakes are bigger that ponds, which is also surrounded by land.
- Vegetation is important to freshwater biomes because it provides oxygen.
- Vegetation also provides food for the animals in the biome.
- Vegetation help some plants have strong roots.
- Most of the plants are able to cling to rocks.
- Other plants that live in still waters normally float on the surface.