COLLEGE MENTORSHIP AND LEADERSHIP PROGRAM
CMLP program is a multifaceted program, designed to prepare selective students to top Colleges. This program designed after a summer seminar at Harvard College on college admissions. What they need from a student is what we added into our program; Great academicals skills, great personality, multiple skills and a never ending curiosity towards knowledge. It is not always perfect scores but most of the time a great personality. We realized that our school has strong potential in terms of academics, on top of it we decided to step forward and move toward giving our graduates a well rounded graduation resume for top colleges. Our primary goal is to give an extra edge and reach to our good students so they could be eligible more resources in their college life. Next step is giving the required environment to flourish their untapped skills.
CMLP is a free college-based mentoring program for selected students that will focus on contributing to the academic achievement and personal development of its participating students. The Program consists of multiple disciplines and activities combined into one package by working in small groups with the mentorship of Volunteer Teacher. Each Mentoring group will have approximately 5 students and the Volunteer Mentor Teachers will follow the CMLP curriculum with CMLP Coordinator. This program will have developing and continuously improving curriculum and instructional system.
CMLP is primarily focused to achieve success in terms of academics required to solidify admissions to selective colleges. The Program also has a major ingredient of guidance to secure the character and personality part of the college admission and provides highly motivated and enriching activities.
Along the way students will be guided for Scholarships and Awards applications for colleges such as the Congressional Award.
What does this program offer to the students?
CMLP covers 4 major areas; these areas applied to every grade with different levels of intensity and content.
Academic, Physical Fitness, Character Education, Career Development
Some of the activities with CMLP follow as;
· Extracurricular events to promote the positive group relationships
· College Exploration; Instate or nearby State Selective College visits:
· Tutoring and Group Study Sessions
· Academic Team Studies: Math Olympiad and Science Olympiad.
· Group gatherings· Daily Study Camps
· Home visits
· Lock-ins at our school or at another school.
· Periodic In-town / Out of town trips (Science Centers and Educational Institutes)
· Camping ( such as State Park Camps for Thanksgiving)
· Weekend Studies
· Sport Activities ( such as Bowling, Soccer, Volleyball, Canoeing)
· Voluntary Community Service
· Going sporting events, movies, plays, museums, concerts, parks, etc