I bet you have seen acrostic poems many times before, and you might be wondering, why I picked it. But I choose this poetry type because since you see it so often you might take it for granted. The poem below is one I made on a website where you can do that. It is about an idea. The "I" is imagine, the "D" is delicate, the "E" energizing, and the "A" is amazing.
Invented poetry types
- The Blitz poem - a stream of short phrases with rapid flow.
- The Brevette - starts with a noun, then verb, then noun again.
- The HexSonneta - contains two to six lined stanzas with a rhyming couplet at the end. *A rhyming couplet is an ending that ties the poem all together; it might solve the problem.
- Essence or Florette - has a short form of two lines with six syllables in each with a rhyme at the end. (To find out more about invented poetry type in the link bellow.)
- Epic - other than the story itself there is no structure.
- Shape poem - is in the shape of what your writing about.(Ex. your writing about a bird so that is the shape of the poem.)
- Limerick - a funny poem that could also be utter nonsense.
- Anagram - a word in the poem is spelled a different way somewhere else in the poem.(Ex. pages,gapes.)
Making your own poem
- Make a list of what you have done today all in order.
- Write 3 colors.
- Write a dream.
- Write down something that happend to you when you were smaller in child "language".
- Write a forbidden thought to someone who would understand.
- Write a forbidden thought to someone who wouldn't.
- Choose a favorite transitional object and describe it.
- If you died; what would your last 3 questions be? Write it down.
- Copy 3 things that people have said to you in the last 48 hours. (Quote as closely as possible.)
- Write down your most extreme pain (emotionally or physically)
(Real shape poems though, have more structure and has more "story" to it)