Père Lachaise Cimetière
Written by Emma Jenkins
Why should you visit?
Though it may seem grim, the Père Lachaise Cimetière is a must-see monument located in Paris, France, and here's why!
- The Père Lachaise Cimetière is the largest cemetary in the city of Paris.
- It is the site of three World War 1 memorials.
- Visitors are able to enter the tomb of Oscar Wilde, a famous Irish writer.
- The first person to be buried there was a five-year-old girl named Adélaïde, but her grave no longer exists.
- Nowadays, it is nearly impossible to get buried there, as the Père Lachaise Cimetière has a long waiting list and not much space left.