Square Up to RTI2
Response to Instruction & Intervention February 2023
In this issue...
Universal Screening Reports
- Every elementary student will take home the Universal Screening Letter and the Scores Snapshot Report. The Universal Screening Letter will be sent to your by your RTI2 Facilitator. You will need to print the letter and attach the reports to send home. If scores are missing and the child later completes the assessment, the score will have to be written in the appropriate space. Additionally, schools can indicate the type of specialized instruction a student receives in the appropriate space on the letter.
3rd Grade Retention Law
- Third grade students scoring below the 40th percentile or who are determined to be at risk for retention by the school have received the January Home Literacy Report. This report notifies parents that their student is at risk for retention.
- Need more information for you or parents? You may find this link helpful "What Parents Need to Know About the Third Grade Retention Law" .
New Training: Propelling Student Success Please read the flyer carefully and plan to send appropriate staff members from your school.
Visit our RTI2 Website
- log in to the newly updated RTI2 Department Page to access RTI2 Resources, Forms, and PD
- KCS Identification Process for students with characteristics of dyslexia
- If Elementary students are identified with Characteristics of Dyslexia, it should be noted on their student plan in Aspen and the Parent Letter should be sent home.
- Characteristics of Dyslexia Infographic
Sherin Linsley, 5th grade teacher from A.L. Lotts, has a heart for all things ELA. She effortlessly incorporates her teaching style and care for her students to deliver impactful intervention to her tier 3 group members using the SPIRE program. Her group members are always eager to participate and are proud of their success in the group. Mrs. Linsley makes a huge difference for her students each day. She is a master educator and interventionist! Thank you Sherin, for all you do to support our students!
- Data Meeting Guidance This quick reference guide can help keep you on track!
- Please share meeting dates with your region's RTI2 Facilitator
- Fidelity Check Direct Observations should be ongoing. 2x per semester for T2 and 3x per semester for T3.
- Check student plans to be sure they accurately reflect the student's current tier and intervention program- choices of interventions have changed to reflect the updated offerings from the RTI2 department.
- If you need a refresher for putting information into ASPEN, join our canvas course here.
- Always print Progress Reports after the data meeting and attach the progress monitoring graph from aimswebplus. These reports are sent home to parents.
aimswebPlus- Analyzing Progress Reports: Wednesday, February 8 (3:15-4:15 via Teams link)
This training will go over how to analyze the progress reports from aimswebPlus.
aimswebPlus Progress Monitoring: Monday, February 13 (3:15-4:15 via Teams link).
This training will go over how to administer progress monitoring.
DLD February 20, 2023
Look for trainings offered at your region's site. Topics will include Dyslexia, RTI/ELL Collaboration, aimswebPlus, Motivating Adolescent Readers, and Science of Reading relating to "Sold a Story"
Any training we offer is available as a canvas course link
Materials Ordering Links
Click on these links to order materials:
New Version of Voyager
- Voyager Version 3.1 is now the current version- all new orders will be this new version! When you are forming/rearranging groups after data meetings it will be helpful to check and see that students and teachers have the same books. We want to try to effectively use the materials we have. Reach out to your facilitator if you have specific concerns.
- Non-site licensed schools can also add T2 students to Reading Rangers!!
- Here are the directions to add students.
Paula Sarver RTI2 Specialist/Region 5
Kalie Snipes Math RTI2 Facilitator, District
RTI2 Facilitator Region 1
RTI2 Facilitator Region 2
RTI2 Facilitator Region 3
RTI2 Facilitator Region 3
RTI2 Facilitator Region 4
RTI2 Facilitator Region 5