Weekly Parent Newsletter
May 22, 2022
What a year it has been! Your students have been through so much the last couple of years due to the pandemic! I know you have been there with them every step of the way! It felt so good to have parents back in the building celebrating our students successes this last week! Looking forward to having you in our building more next year. We appreciate your hard work and devotion to your student's education!
I hope you have a wonderful summer! Please make sure that your students READ, READ, READ over the summer. Many teachers are sending home summer packets for their students to complete and return to next years teacher for a PRIZE! Please help them complete that goal!
Thank you for your partnership!
Summer Office Hours: Open Tuesday-Thursday 9am-2pm, Closed Fridays
Apply Today! Open Enrollment Begins June 1st.
I will be working this summer at SUPER School enrolling students for the 2022-23 school year. I will be holding summer office hours on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9am-1pm. If you know of a neighbor, family member, or friend looking for a new school please give them my contact information. We have openings in grades K-8. The school will be open Monday thru Thursday from 9am-2pm and closed on Fridays. I am happy to enroll students throughout the summer adn also give tours of the building. Ms. Maldonado is working the front office during office hours over the summer and will be happy to assist you on days I am not here.
Enrollment Coordinator: Emily Crandall
Phone (mobile): 317-418-9320
School Phone: 317-226-4219
IPS SUMMER BREAKFAST AND LUNCH LOCATIONS
2022-23 SCHOOL SUPPLY LIST
Sign Up For Boy Scouts Summer Camp- Scholarships Available!
STEM Program Student Opportunity
Head Lice Information
● How is it spread?
○ Close person to person contact
○ Direct head to head contact is most common
○ Sharing clothing or belongings
○ Head lice survive 1-2 days once they have fallen off of a person
● What to do if lice is suspected?
○ Machine wash and dry clothing that infected person wore or used 2 days prior to onset of appearance of lice
■ Clothing and items that cannot be washed can be dry-cleaned or sealed in a bag for 2 weeks
○ Disinfect combs/brushes that the infected person used in hot water for 5-10 minutes. Hot water needs to be at least 130°F
○ Vacuum floor and furniture where infected person was
● When can a student return to school?
○ Students found with active head lice, do NOT need to be sent home according to state policy. This came from the head Health Services Specialist Nurse.
■ Students need to be identified with lice and parents will be informed. However, students are expected to start treatment when they get home and can return to school after they have started treatment.
■ Students who have lice and start treatment may return to school and will be rechecked 7 days after first treatment was started
■ Student may NOT return to school if treatment has not been started
PLEASE READ IF YOU DROP YOUR STUDENT OFF AFTER 7:40
IF YOUR ADDRESS OR PHONE NUMBER CHANGES PLEASE CALL 226-4219 TO UPDATE!
From the Office
SUPER School Hours
Drop Off: 7:20-7:40am
Early Release: Every Tuesday at 1:50pm
School Phone Hours - 7:10am-3am Monday through Friday
If you would like to call the front office please do so between these hours. Thank you.
Many of our students are getting dropped off before our school doors officially open. Please wait until 7:20 to allow your child to walk or be dropped off at school. They are unsupervised at this time.
Important Transportation Information
- Transportation changes can not be made after 1:00
- Students that are picked up after 2:00, will be considered car riders and need to be picked up in the back parking lot. We have buses pulling up and a lot of traffic at the end of the day. Student's safety is #1 priority and should not be crossing the street without a certified crossing guard to get to school.
- Students should also be dropped off at the back parking lot at the beginning of the day.
In order to Volunteer at SUPER School 19 this form must be completed. Keep in mind it takes 2-3 weeks to process. Thank you.
Cell Phone Policy
- 24th - Last Day of School
- 28th - Back to School Night 4-5:30
- 3rd - First Day of School
JA BIZTOWN SUMMER CAMP-SIGN UP TODAY!
- JA BizTown Summer Camp
- What is JA BizTown Summer camp? JA BizTown Summer Camp is a week-long experience that provides a fresh alternative for Central Indiana youth looking for an engaging summer camp experience. The camp is for ages 8-13 or grades 3-7.
- Session 1 – June 6-10
- Session 2 – June 20-24
- Flyer: https://files.constantcontact.com/0722d43c001/3f46f7db-08b1-4b39-ab42-07a2de63edc0.pdf
- Register here: https://jaindy.formstack.com/forms/ja_biztown_summer_camp_2022