Walk It Out
Wednesday Wellness | September 25, 2015
In This Installment of Wednesday Wellness:
- Walking is Powerful Medicine
- Walking 101 | American Heart Association
- PAL 5K! October 1st!
- New Service in the Coliseum | Thai Yoga Bodywork
- 38 Dumbbell Variations | Men's Health
- Self Defense Class Tonight!
- Ballroom Dancing Tonight in Ciao Bella
- Coliseum Services & Where to Schedule
- Wednesday's Last Word
Walking is Powerful Medicine
According to a new report in Harvard Health Publications, "Walking may be one of the most powerful 'medicines' available. It can help to lower your risk of heart disease, cancer, or diabetes ... lower blood pressure and cholesterol levels ... and even help keep your memory sharp! The simple activity of walking has so many powerful health benefits."
There are several opportunities we have around here to get your walk on! The lower and lower-lower lots, walking meetings, treadmills, stairs, walkways, sidewalks, etc. Keep your walking shoes in your car at all times! Every step counts. Keep steppin'!
Having said that, the PAL 5k is next week! Don't let the word "race" keep you from completing the course. It's all good if you simply walk the course. Grab a friend or two and complete your own PAL practice and get ready to complete the course next Thursday night!
Attached is "Walking 101" from the American Heart Association. It's a great encouragement to get a walking club going and how to do it! Here are some highlights:
- What you'll need
- Personalize your walking plan
- Tips for staying safe
- The best stretches for walking
Get ready for our JH Walking Club setting to lace up January 2016!
PAL 5k Is Goin' Down Thursday, October 1st!
This course will give you a good challenge, allow you to burn a ton of calories, and it's also a Peachtree Qualifier!
Mark down the date and let's practice the course every Tuesday morning @ 6:30am.
Thai Yoga Bodywork with Essud Fungcap
Thai Yoga Bodywork (sometimes known as the lazy man's yoga) is a combination of assisted stretches from being put into yoga positions, body compression and acupressure. The benefits include opening and releasing the "connective tissue" of the body, which includes, muscle, ligaments, tendons, and facia. It also helps to promote the energetic "chi" flow throughout the body for the release of pain and physical stress.
Sessions are held in the Coliseum. To schedule a session please contact the Coliseum or reach out to Essud directly @ email@example.com.
“Thai Massage offers many benefits for everyone! Not only has it improved my relaxation, but it also helps my weekly workout routine and gives a great sense of connection between mind and body.”
Lauren Anner LT
Coliseum Weekly Services
- Chair or table massage every Tuesday from 11am to 1:30pm & Friday from 3pm to 6pm
- Hair Salon Service every Wednesday from 9am to 12pm
- Chiropractic Care every Thursday from 11am to 2pm
- Stretch Therapy available daily by appointment
- Personal Training & Group Training available daily by appointment
- Spray Tan Service available by appointment
- Thai Yoga Bodywork available by appointment
- Dry Cleaning service- pick up and drop off every Monday & Thursday
Wednesday's Last Word