Emmott Eagle News
Let Your Learning Glow ~ Wednesday, August 10, 2022
Emmott Vision: The Emmott community commits to developing successful, life-long learners in a safe and supportive environment.
Welcome Back Emmott Community!!
We continue our theme this year, LET YOUR LEARNING GLOW, and I can tell you that our staff has already started setting the tone for GLOWing this year with some pretty amazing things here at Emmott.
This week the Emmott Staff has been participating in professional learning opportunities across the district with colleagues preparing and planning for classroom instruction. The Eagles have also been decorating their classrooms in preparation for Meet the Teacher, August 20. We share in the excitement to get this year kicked off for our Emmott Eagles.
As we make final preparations for back to school, you will find important information inside this newsletter that will help prepare you and your family for 1st day logistics and beyond.
During the week of August 15-19, your child's homeroom teacher will reach out to you and share information for first week of school planning. We look forward to seeing all of you at our Meet the Teacher event!
Let's get ready to GLOW Eagles...it is going to be a GREAT year!
Emmott Meet The Teacher
Reminder this a Come & Go event.
Back To School Information
- We have new school hours this year 8:15 a.m. - 3:40 p.m.. Our doors will open at 7:55 a.m. for students and the instructional day will begin promptly at 8:15 a.m..
- All students will enter the campus by themselves and be greeted by staff members present at morning duty assignments. Staff members will be stationed all throughout our campus arrival areas, hallways, and classrooms to support incoming students as they locate teacher and grade levels. For the safety and security of all students and staff, parents will not be allowed to walk in with their child(ren). Emmott will also have PTO volunteers supporting our first day arrival procedures to ensure our students arrive to class successfully.
- In order to help support our students on their first day, we ask parents to label backpacks, lunch kits, and school materials with student name, teacher, and/or grade level. This labeling will help staff to assist students in directing them if needed.
- Students may bring a closed cap water bottle and have opportunities to refill at our water bottle fill stations on campus. Please do not send in glass water bottles, open lid Yeti or RTIC style mugs.
- We will have more news for procedures focused on Car Riders, Walkers, Bikers, and Bus Riders next week to share with our Eagles. Please remember as we work through all logistics for arrival/departure procedures that our first few days may be delayed as routines are established. More information will be shared at Meet the Teacher.
Thank you for your support!
Meal Cost at Emmott Elementary
Thanks in advance for your cooperation and understanding as we establish procedures and expectations for our students during these first few weeks of school.
School supplies can be brought to school the day of "Meet the Teacher" or on the first day of school.
We will have school supplies for sale on the morning of "Meet the Teacher", however, please note that there is a very limited amount available and will be sold on a first come first served basis.
Parents click here for important topics with CFISD information
Dates To Remember
August 22 - 1st Day of School
Sept. 5 - Labor Day - Student/Staff Holiday
Sept. 6 - Curriculum Night for all grade levels.
- Session A - 5:00 pm. - 6:00 p.m.
- Session B - 6:15 p.m. - 7:15 p.m.
Sept. 26 - Teacher Work Day - Student Holiday
Sept. 27 - First day for Parent Lunches
Need to register a student for this school year? Click the link and begin enrollment today.